What's new

Is there a higher Ohm coil for the Baby Beast tank?

Yes the thicker you go the higher the ohms will be so 24g will be thicker than 28g.
More metal means higher ohms.

No it doesn't, that's exactly backwards (except for 24g being thicker than 28g, that's correct)...

A 5 turn 3mm 28g coil (6/5=1.2ohms) will have higher ohms than a 5 turn 3mm 24g coil (6/5=0.53ohms) (both Ka).

More metal = lower ohms = less resistance.

Edit: more metal achieved by more wraps means higher "ohms", but more metal achieved by thicker wire (but same wraps) means lower "ohms".

No it doesn't, that's exactly backwards (except for 24g being thicker than 28g, that's correct)...

A 5 turn 3mm 28g coil (6/5=1.2ohms) will have higher ohms than a 5 turn 3mm 24g coil (6/5=0.53ohms) (both Ka).

More metal = lower ohms = less resistance.
I'll edit its back to front?

Yes the thicker you go the higher the ohms will be so 24g will be thicker than 28g.
More metal means higher ohms.
There are different metals used with different resistances and the main three are kanthal, NI80, and SS.
Kanthal will offer the highest resistance of the three with SS offering the lowest.
If you're going for a twin build in the rba vaping it direct to lung and looking for flavour you ought to be aiming for a total resistance of 0.3-0.5ohms.
There are multiple combinations of wire, material, coil diameters, and wire thicknesses that will achieve this but you'll need to bate in mind the rba deck for the bb will be small so will need small coils.
I'd suggest 7 wraps of ss 28g paired will come out @0.44ohms ish and give you as much flavour as that tank is capable of.

What a masterclass - you dealt with all my questions on coil building (that I hadn't even asked!) in one fell-swoop. Thank you.

Stock coil tank - Zenith

RTA - Vapefly Galaxies MTL RTA or Ehpro True, or others - see top 5 MTL tanks

Thank you, yes, I have just been reading lots of good reviews about the Zenith.

This gives me a great way forward - I will keep the BB for RBA sub-ohming and buy a Zenith for gentler vaping & stock coil convenience. And when I drop one (again!) I'll have the other to cover.

Thank you all.

What a masterclass - you dealt with all my questions on coil building (that I hadn't even asked!) in one fell-swoop. Thank you.

Thank you, yes, I have just been reading lots of good reviews about the Zenith.

This gives me a great way forward - I will keep the BB for RBA sub-ohming and buy a Zenith for gentler vaping & stock coil convenience. And when I drop one (again!) I'll have the other to cover.

Thank you all.
Got it back to front by all accounts.
Its the sub and plus bit reversed.

What a masterclass - you dealt with all my questions on coil building (that I hadn't even asked!) in one fell-swoop. Thank you

The message you quoted contains an error (which is a very easy error to make ;)) so don't commit it fully to memory yet :D

The message you quoted contains an error (which is a very easy error to make ;)) so don't commit it fully to memory yet :D
I know what I'm doing in my head it just doesn't transfer to text very well.
Couldn't get my head round ohms in college and obviously still can't.
I'll get shot on here if i own up to using mech mods but i do know to build well within the amp limits of my batteries ;)

I know what I'm doing in my head it just doesn't transfer to text very well.
Couldn't get my head round ohms in college and obviously still can't.
I'll get shot on here if i own up to using mech mods but i do know to build well within the amp limits of my batteries ;)

Ummm... is your suggested "7 wraps of ss 28g paired will come out @0.44ohms ish." still good (and was it for 3mm)? If so that is perfect info to get started, I can tinker from there.

Thanks.

Ummm... is your suggested "7 wraps of ss 28g paired will come out @0.44ohms ish." still good (and was it for 3mm)? If so that is perfect info to get started, I can tinker from there.

Thanks.
Yes bud.
Have a look at vape tool in google play.

Back
Top Bottom