What's new

Istick 30w screen rattle + problem with flavour

Smokey Gray

Postman
Hi guys, so, I've heard about the fire button rattling. Mine is fine, but the actual black screen rattles. Is this a sign it's going to come off? Or is it ok? Also, I'm really confused. I just bought some new e liquid, it's made by Lazy Bear, flavour is forest fruits and black berries or black current. Pg vg ratio is 50/50. I'm getting very very little flavour. The juice doesn't smell much. Tho, I started vaping using an wismec motive, it's pre set at 50w and the coil was 0.25. I didn't find any juice, I loved while using it, but I did get tons of flavour. I was vaping mainly with vapouriz eliquid mainly blueberry and blue raspberry, the pg vg ratio was 80pg 20vg. Now this juice was harsh on my throat, due to high pg and it leaked. But there was loads of flavour. Oh n the liquid had very strong smell. Didn't really want to try the vapouriz liquid in my new istick, case it leaked.y questions are.
1. Would that vapouriz liquid tastej ust as good in my istick30w with 1.8 coil?
3. Can I even get nice strong fruity flavour with my I slick 30w with 1.8 coil?
2. If I buy a good sub ohm tank for my istick 30w, is it worth it? Would flavour improve?
4. Could the very little tasting liquid simply be just that? Even tho it cost £5.?
5. Did I mess myself up, buying the wismec preset at 50w with 0.25 coil, then switching to istick 30w with 1.8 coil? I wasn't aware that my wismec was infact sub ohm, didn't even know what sub ohm was. I'm going to buy a sub ohm kit that can fire up to 50 w in future, I'm just really put off dr buying other liquids for my istick, thinking I won't get hardly any flavour. Thanks guys.

Hello and welcome to the planet.

With regards to the screen rattle I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it's actually hanging off.

As for your questions it would help if we knew which tank you are using as the iStick 30 is just the battery. By stating it's a 1.8 coil I could guess but don't want to in case I'm wrong.

Hi, I'm using a Aspire Nautilus mini tank. With built in 1.8 coil. I usually vape at around 10-14w. Changing watts only seems to give more or less vapour. Not flavour. Thanks again.

Bit rushed so quick reply.

Nautilus with 1.8 I use at 12watts so your spot on there. This tank and coil is best suited with 50/50 ratio juice and all I use in mine now is manabush or 11 11 by dinner lady which are both backy flavors.
PG carries flavor while VG is mainly for clouds.

Depending on your nicotine strength will determine which ohm coil and tank is best for you. High ohm like 1.8 coil is best at lower wattage with much higher nicotine while low ohm is best for clouds at much higher wattage with lower nicotine like 3-6mg.

Nothing technical to add as the guy's have nailed it but I would imagine the liquid is low in flavour. Price and quality often doesn't go hand in hand. 50/50 liquid should be packed with flavour. I'm vaping manabush at the moment (50/50) and I imagine my neighbours can taste it. 50/50 is perfect for the nautilus I ran mine around 10w for maximum coil life but 9-14 w seems the average for the 1.8 ohm coil. I was given a bottle of premium (£16 for 30mls) sugared popcorn a while back and at 10 w nothing, 100w nothing. No flavour. Sometimes liquids are just poor.

I'll just add my bit to reinforce what has already been said.

1 & 2 The Nautilus Mini is known for giving good flavour, so the vapouriz liquid and any strong fruity flavour should be nice. As long as you stick to no more than 50 or 60 VG.

3. The iStick 30 might be a little underpowered for most good sub ohm tanks. Most need a minimum of 30W so you would struggle with battery life.

4. Yes, some liquids have poor flavour regardless of cost. Check out MrDJ's list of approved suppliers

5. No reason why you shouldn't enjoy both. Sub ohm is generally direct to lung (DTL) where as the Nautilus Mini is mouth to lung (MTL). You'll find the style of vaping you like. I prefer MTL but as I said some like both.

I only use Nautilus tanks now and I think they are great for flavour.

Hello and welcome to the planet.

With regards to the screen rattle I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it's actually hanging off.

As for your questions it would help if we knew which tank you are using as the iStick 30 is just the battery. By stating it's a 1.8 coil I could guess but don't want to in case I'm wrong.
Do you think my loose screen will be ok ? I'm worried that it may all of a sudden fall off. I've only had the istick about a week. It only moves slightly. I just don't want to bother the store, I bought it from, to get refund or exchange. If I don't have to.
Also, I have 1 more question if you don't mind. I only have 1 aspire nautilus mini tank. Right now I'm vaping a forest fruits mix. Mainly dark berries. It's almost gone and I have 2 other flavours.
1 is pineapple lime and ice cream. It smells mainly of a kinda mildish fruit smell. The other flavour is orange milkshake. Now this flavour smells only of a kinda strong vanilla smell, no hint of orange. Would they be ok to add to my tank? I don't mind a slightly strange taste at first. I'm just worried certain smellS will remain. Can't really wash tank, as it's all I have. I'd buy another tank, if I knew if I liked the juice. I'm thinking that the juices should be ok but I'm unsure if I'll still taste strong vanilla, even after switching back to pure fruit. Could the vanilla even complement the fruits, if it did remain? Sorry for being such a noob. Cheers for the help.

Do you think my loose screen will be ok ? I'm worried that it may all of a sudden fall off. I've only had the istick about a week. It only moves slightly. I just don't want to bother the store, I bought it from, to get refund or exchange. If I don't have to.
Also, I have 1 more question if you don't mind. I only have 1 aspire nautilus mini tank. Right now I'm vaping a forest fruits mix. Mainly dark berries. It's almost gone and I have 2 other flavours.
1 is pineapple lime and ice cream. It smells mainly of a kinda mildish fruit smell. The other flavour is orange milkshake. Now this flavour smells only of a kinda strong vanilla smell, no hint of orange. Would they be ok to add to my tank? I don't mind a slightly strange taste at first. I'm just worried certain smellS will remain. Can't really wash tank, as it's all I have. I'd buy another tank, if I knew if I liked the juice. I'm thinking that the juices should be ok but I'm unsure if I'll still taste strong vanilla, even after switching back to pure fruit. Could the vanilla even complement the fruits, if it did remain? Sorry for being such a noob. Cheers for the help.
It's difficult to make a considered opinion as I can't see the mod but I doubt the screen will fall off though it really shouldn't be rattling.. You could try contacting the seller just to log your complaint. Then you may be covered should anything fall off.

I find changing flavours easy with the Nautilus Mini:
  • Unscrew the base and wipe the base and coil with a kitchen towel.
  • Rinse the glass and chimney under warm water then dry with kitchen towel. I blow down the chimney to clear any remaining water.
  • Put the glass and chimney back together and fill the tank.
  • The new flavour will come through after a few puffs.
Should you be unlucky with the vanilla lingering then I'm sure it would compliment the other flavours. I've never had a problem with lingering flavour in my Nautilus Minis. It only takes a couple of minutes to rinse the tank and dry it.

I recently bought a used big Nautilus. The tank smelt of the previous juice. I rinsed the glass and chimney and that cleared it but the base still smelt of the juice. I put the base (not the coil) in a glass with warm water and a steradent tablet let it soak for a few minutes. I repeated this a couple of times, rinsed and dried the base. Now the base is fresh and clean. I think this was extreme because the tank had been left unwashed for a long time and wouldn't expect a problem in future.

Don't worry about being a noob. We were all noobs at some point :) Asking questions is good :thumbup:

Last edited:
It's difficult to make a considered opinion as I can't see the mod but I doubt the screen will fall off though it really shouldn't be rattling.. You could try contacting the seller just to log your complaint. Then you may be covered should anything fall off.

I find changing flavours easy with the Nautilus Mini:
  • Unscrew the base and wipe the base and coil with a kitchen towel.
  • Rinse the glass and chimney under warm water then dry with kitchen towel. I blow down the chimney to clear any remaining water.
  • Put the glass and chimney back together and fill the tank.
  • The new flavour will come through after a few puffs.
Should you be unlucky with the vanilla lingering then I'm sure it would compliment the other flavours. I've never had a problem with lingering flavour in my Nautilus Minis. It only takes a couple of minutes to rinse the tank and dry it.

I recently bought a used big Nautilus. The tank smelt of the previous juice. I rinsed the glass and chimney and that cleared it but the base still smelt of the juice. I put the base (not the coil) in a glass with warm water and a steradent tablet let it soak for a few minutes. I repeated this a couple of times, rinsed and dried the base. Now the base is fresh and clean. I think this was extreme because the tank had been left unwashed for a long time and wouldn't expect a problem in future.

Don't worry about being a noob. We were all noobs at some point :) Asking questions is good :thumbup:
Hello Jim, thank you for the great advice. I don't mean to be a pain in the arse, but I need a little more advice. My coil used to make a very quiet crackle noise, when hitting the fire button and vaping. I've been using it for about 8 days now and it's just starting acting strange. Now when I fire it up, to take a puff, it makes that really quiet crackle noise, only for like 1-2 seconds, then I only hear a slight hiss sound. Like when you blow through a straw. Or let air out of something.is the coil simply dead? Or is it my device possibly not working? The flavour and vape production seems normal. Thanks again.

Hello Jim, thank you for the great advice. I don't mean to be a pain in the arse, but I need a little more advice. My coil used to make a very quiet crackle noise, when hitting the fire button and vaping. I've been using it for about 8 days now and it's just starting acting strange. Now when I fire it up, to take a puff, it makes that really quiet crackle noise, only for like 1-2 seconds, then I only hear a slight hiss sound. Like when you blow through a straw. Or let air out of something.is the coil simply dead? Or is it my device possibly not working? The flavour and vape production seems normal. Thanks again.
I'm sure your device is working fine.
I wouldn't worry too much about the noise your coil is making. Mines varies too. As long as the flavour and vapour are ok you can just keep vaping.
It could be that your coil is on the way out but you will know when it needs changing as the flavour and vapour will drop.

On another note: Where are you getting your coils from? I get mine from Vape Inc. They are £7.99 but if you use code POTV15 they work out at £6.80 with free UK delivery.

Back
Top Bottom