What's new

Leave.eu - NEW EU REGULATION ON E-CIGARETTES WILL COST LIVES

If we leave EU then the quality of polish potatoes won't be as good, if you're Polish or like polish potatoes then clearly you should vote to stay in EU.
^ this is what vapers sound like when they talk about Brexit.

I'm voting OUT! In my opinion only a complete fool would vote to stay in. Yes to a Europe of good will and trading. But no to a United States of Europe.

Where better place to talk politics Muck. Many posters make lots of sense and the post you just put up is a valid reason for leaving the EU. They may still try to pass it through but for me that is the only reason to leave so I have lots of weighing up to do. I was totally in the stay camp until very recently but the TTIP is the thing that is concerning me and if there is a chance it won't go through I think I may vote to leave.

One problem is the idea that if we left the EU our government wouldn't enact one EU policy or another. The TTIP is a Tory wet dream.. the perfect excuse to sell off all private services. As for vaping do you honestly think the government would have a sudden outbreak of common sense and concern for public health among the (statistically more likely poor) people who smoke but could be vaping if we leave?

Is a vaping forum the right place to discuss politics? Probably not, even though it is a political issue.

Is POTV the right place to discuss politics? Damn right it is. It is comprised mainly of intelligent, tolerant, broad-minded and literate people. Generally calm and thoughtful comments. Few trolls if any. Yet to see a hissy-fit because someone else has a different point of view and hardly any duck-face or cleavage in profile pics.

The same goes for discussion of music, movies, mental heath or sexual perversion.. so long as it's in a clearly titled thread and the right sub-section then fine by me. Sometimes an online community transcends it's primary focus and becomes something more. I'm just thankful to be around when that happens because it's a rare and precious phenomenon.

Last edited:
Sometimes an online community transcends it's primary focus and becomes something more. I'm just thankful to be around when that happens because it's a rare and precious phenomenon.

I don't want to drag this thread off topic. But I do just want to highlight this particular sentence as being one of the reasons I love this place.

I don't think I've ever seen an online community of people have such a civil discussion of a matter as divisive as brexit anywhere before.

Keep it up folks, please. I feel like I've got more useful information here that will inform my vote than I've ever had from the mainstream media propaganda machine.

To be honest, a politics forum.

POTV is an amazing resource for vaping with a wealth of information, and likewise, so are many other single interest forums.

Democracy is not a spectator sport an for it to function properly action and debate should take place on all platforms. If was left to a technocratic platform you alienate vast numbers of people. Here you find many different opinions and many opposing ideas and that is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom