What's new

lets talk about masks

I keep thinking of Kenny Everett with the big hands... Let's bomb Russia!

I saw a load of people with masks today while out, some looked to be like what bikers / cyclists wear, so a pretty good fit and no fiddling.

Some had the blue medical ones, fiddling with it or only covering their mouth. (I had to wear these years ago in my first paid job, one size fits all doesn't work and due to them moving you do keep touching it).

Others were making do with a scarf / snood, nose/ mouth covered, no fiddling.

I also saw people wearing latex gloves, defeats the object touching everything, loading up the car and touching it as it's potentially transferred to inside your car.

i agree

there is a specific way to take gloves off i watched a woman lift her mask up on top of her head then use her teeth to pull the glove off and the same day I saw a guy wearing welding gloves in my local co op

I managed to get masks just before the lock down. I refuse to get medical ones, I’m not adding to the shortages, so I got washable smog type ones. I didn’t buy them to protect myself, partly because I doubt they do much and partly because I think I had c19 at the beginning of March, but I bought them more as a signal to others that these are not normal times. I noticed that in the queue for the supermarket had general people just milling around together but those wearing masks were given space (and at the time, funny looks!). When going out for supplies, people tend to move over more if they see you wearing a mask. It’s a reminder to people that these are strange times. Plus my black valves mask with my Stetson gives me an element of wasteland survivor chic :D

d3548d3b3a2d7101dd8f4b585a1fdd6c72116df9aa794806944ef620f15546ee_1_proc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom