What's new

Letter from The Department of Health

I don't think the powers that be care if taxing it turns people off making a heathier switch to ecigs as long as they get their tax income from either source they can't lose

True, but if they employed even one sensible economist in central government they might realise that lower level taxation so it was still cheaper than real fags, if any, would actually mean a net rise in their coffers as they are likely to have to spend less of that tax income on health care if more smokers made the switch... over simplistic i know, but I am sure you get what I am saying

True, but if they employed even one sensible economist in central government they might realise that lower level taxation so it was still cheaper than real fags, if any, would actually mean a net rise in their coffers as they are likely to have to spend less of that tax income on health care if more smokers made the switch... over simplistic i know, but I am sure you get what I am saying

Agree completely, but I still think they will go ahead along the lines of the propsal already put forward, those who can't vape at 2mg per bottle will either go back on the fags or vape the medicinal one's and maybe 2% might pack it all in completely, they win both ways, we lose both ways.

Well, politicians don't really think too much of the long term, after all they are re-elected, or not, on the short term and judged for the state of the current Affairs.
This is not an often discussed point, but, if vaping is actually harmless, when are we going to see that clear drop in smoke related pathologies not accompanied by a rise in vaping related pathologies ?
10 years, 20?
But the loss of tax revenues is here already, and growing.

Back
Top Bottom