What's new

Mask exemptions

No mate, they are a completely different thing.
OIP.AFrb4r21jWwgcAVH6V2eBQHaHa
What the heck is yours for then, mosquitoes?

Quite a lot of members have shall I say been less than sympathetic to the problem that a few members are facing over the issue that those of us with breathing problems as to how we will be treated when entering shops.
So I have brought a couple of these, I seem to be able to breathe okay, and as some members have pointed out you only need a face covering, so this seems to cover all requirements.
Long live understanding, and cooperation. Peace & love to all. :)
View attachment 223985
Amen to that. I think it looks a good solution. :2thumbsup:

Quite a lot of members have shall I say been less than sympathetic to the problem that a few members are facing over the issue that those of us with breathing problems as to how we will be treated when entering shops.
So I have brought a couple of these, I seem to be able to breathe okay, and as some members have pointed out you only need a face covering, so this seems to cover all requirements.
Long live understanding, and cooperation. Peace & love to all. :)
View attachment 223985
I have COPD, a nose that works at 40% efficiency, at best. and occasional bouts of horrendous clostraphobia. I fully understand the problems. And please don't think I'm dismissing them. Indeed I face many of them, every day. Yet I'm still wearing a mask. Not just because we've been told to. But because it's the right thing to do.

Related, but not connected. It was heartening to see all the counters staff, at our local COOP. Wearing face shields, and not masks.

I have COPD, a nose that works at 40% efficiency, at best. and occasional bouts of horrendous clostraphobia. I fully understand the problems. And please don't think I'm dismissing them. Indeed I face many of them, every day. Yet I'm still wearing a mask. Not just because we've been told to. But because it's the right thing to do.

Related, but not connected. It was heartening to see all the counters staff, at our local COOP. Wearing face shields, and not masks.

I commend you for still wearing a mask in spite of your problems.
I did try it once during a hospital scan, before that was a requirement, just for the reason, as you say, it seemed the right thing to do.
Luckily it was a private hospital, so I was in, and out in half an hour.
But I was having trouble breathing then, simply lying an an examination couch.

Went shopping today and 25% of people cant wear a mask.
They are walking about with just their mouth covered.
Even saw a woman pull down her face mask so she could cough :11:

Went shopping today and 25% of people cant wear a mask.
They are walking about with just their mouth covered.
Even saw a woman pull down her face mask so she could cough :11:

Well, I did mark this as LOL.
But in fact it is quite serious in a way.
Because, I have yet to turn up at a supermarket, let alone anywhere else, and see the reaction when I attempt to enter without a mask.
I suspect that I will find a lot of stares, tut tut tuts, and abuse.
I think if I encounter any of this I will be very tempted to say "for 15 years I had to wear one for up to 8 hours a day, so how the fucking hell can you berate me when you don't have a clue how to wear one at all"

Because, I have yet to turn up at a supermarket, let alone anywhere else, and see the reaction when I attempt to enter without a mask.
I think if I encounter any of this I will be very tempted to say "for 15 years I had to wear one for up to 8 hours a day, so how the fucking hell can you berate me when you don't have a clue how to wear one at all"

You will be fine never really notice anyone staring.

You shouldn't get any of the nonsense mate, people will notice though. I didnt think I would but I noticed a few people over the last few days not wearing them and jusy automatically thought they must not be able too. Not my place to question, or anyone else's. Everywhere you go has different approaches to how they're doing things though so you might get asked to put one on to go in to some places, I assume you just say your exempt and that's that.

Back
Top Bottom