What's new

Mask exemptions

Just got my new mask today no more of thst disposable thing though i might scare children or old people with it lol

Attachments

• 20200715_144937.jpg
    20200715_144937.jpg
    633.1 KB · Views: 56
Just got my new mask today no more of thst disposable thing though i might scare children or old people with it lol
I've got one of those. Used it when on my motorbike. They're a bit thin so don't expect it to do anything but you'll stand out alright [emoji38]

I've got one of those. Used it when on my motorbike. They're a bit thin so don't expect it to do anything but you'll stand out alright [emoji38]

Not as good as the pic looked but still covers my mouth and nose so people cant say anything its a mask lol

Having just gone through this, I can say. There are few diagnosed problems , on the list offered by public health England, that doctors must adhere to when handing out exemptions. If you don't suffer from any of those, you haven't a hope of getting an exemption. " I can't breath", "they cause panic attacks" and "you can't tell me what to do", aren't on the list.
Ironically I'm automatically coved, by an exemption. Yet it wouldn't occur to me not to wear a mask. They are for the protection of others, not me. And I have no right to put others at risk. It amuses me how many think they have that right.

So what you are telling me is that the exemption list drafted by PHE, and accepted by the government can then be ignored.
Now obviously I am sceptical to say the least about the validity of this information. To take it to it's logical conclusion (if your info is correct) it would mean that GP's can defy the government rules that are based on advice from PHE, despite the NHS being their employers, who are in turn funded by the government, and also via tax & ni payments from everyone in the UK. Some bizarre ideas our GP's seem to have then.

I am also a little confused by your post, as the start, and end of it seem to be contradictory,
start "Having just gone through this, I can say". as if you asked your doctor about exemption, end Ironically "I'm automatically coved, by an exemption. Yet it wouldn't occur to me not to wear a mask."
Why did you bother asking your GP, and effectively wasting his time when you would wear a mask anyway........................

However, as you seem to be well informed on all this maybe you can tell me if I would qualify with my current conditions.
Supplied on my monthly prescription with an inhaler because I have COPD.
Difficulty in handling some items carefully (such as a mask) due to Dupuytren’s Hand Contracture (a side effect of both liver disease & diabetes) in both hands.
Due to Diabetes I have the side effect of Peripheral Neuropathy to the point where if I had to put my walking stick down to put on, or remove a mask I would probably fall over sideways ???

This mask lark will be and is already horrendous for the deaf and hard of hearing, seems like they're supposed to wear a label or badge to avoid recently reported incidents where some checkout operators and other staff though they were all crazy and on drugs because they couldn't understand what was being said to them, or easily explain themselves.

Last edited:
This mask lark will be and is already horrendous for the deaf and hard of hearing, seems like they're supposed to wear a label or badge to avoid recently reported incidents where some checkout operators and other staff though they were all crazy and on drugs because they couldn't understand what was being said to them, or easily explain themselves.
Totally agree. Which is the reason descent retailers are giving staff transparent face shields. It's clear that the Gov don't care about this group. But the haven't been forgotten by many companies who value their custom.

it's up to use, the non impaired, to but pressure on those who don't care enough to do it in the first place. Then Vote with our feet, if they won't. And if that's cancel culture, more power to Cancel Culture.

Very true mate.
Hidden Disabilities.

Back
Top Bottom