What's new

mental health and covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my fair share of mental health problems, depression and anxiety and ensuing loss of jobs and legal problems.

For the moment, touch a massive tree, I'm doing OK.

Both me and the wife have mental health problems, i am coping at the moment
but the wife has been suffering bad since last Thursday.
I have been trying to get her Psychiatrist for a phone appointment but the whole
mental health system is screwed up at the moment.
The mental health team were supposed to be phoning back regarding a psychiatrist
appointment but we are still waiting.
She suffers from Paranoid Schizophrenia and needs her meds reviewed.

I have been trying to get her Psychiatrist for a phone appointment but the whole

It is and I don't understand why. Now psychiatrists and CPNs only have to conference calls not travel. Surely that should save a ton of time?

I hope you make progress @Social Misfit and I'm sorry you and your wife have mental health problems.

I hope you appreciate...I enjoy your humour, you really make me laugh and that's heartfelt.

I'm just about ok having pulled myself out of that hole myself, teetering occasionally but I've beat it before and I'll do it this time too. And yes, I'm sure the furloughing didn't do me any favours, I've always worked and it was a shock to not work.

My Psychologist has rang me a couple of times during lockdown just to check i am still around, not heard anything from my GP and if you ring to speak to a Doctor they kindly tell you to piss off or they might as well.

This COVID-19 situation has set me back quite a bit. I’ve had bouts of agoraphobia in the past, and the prospect of being isolated at home with the lockdown set me off big time. I had almost a month’s intense support from the Home Treatment Team at the local hospital, which I didn’t enjoy at all, but stopped me being admitted to the psych unit. It’s still a struggle to get out - with nowhere in particular to go - but I am much better than I was.

The mental health team were supposed to be phoning back regarding a psychiatrist
That's rotten - I hope she gets some support soon. At least she has you. :)

You need to keep phoning them fella, sometimes info does not get passed on or lost in the system on for one reason or another.....chase it up, phone the crisis team and let them know the current situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom