What's new

More Lung Horror

On the subject of black market pods and carts, this article might be worth a read, Dank Vapes, never heard of them but whoever penned this article is quite pissed off, almost hysterical.

https://www.inverse.com/article/58581-dank-vapes
These were identified as one, if not the only, source for the cartridges believed to be behind the rash of cases of teenagers falling ill. This is not a main stream vape company but are dealers in cannabis & associated products & obviously exploiting niave vapers wanting an extra thrill. Although a few states have legitimised cannabis, as in Canada, there is a big black market for stronger weed as the legal stuff is, by all accounts, weak.

It all boils down to the fact it's not about vaping, it's about what you are vaping.

If someone drinks poison, it's the poison that kills them, not the fact they were drinking.

another scare story eh, these never stop. What would help if these news articles actually told you the full details such as what they were vaping with what device instead of just saying vaping caused it.

another scare story eh, these never stop. What would help if these news articles actually told you the full details such as what they were vaping with what device instead of just saying vaping caused it.
But then the anti-vaping brigade wouldn't have any ammo. This is the free press, free to write any bollocks they want.

i'm sick and tired of being nagged at about vaping. my mother has really upset me. I used smoke 40 a day and now I don't!

i'm sick and tired of being nagged at about vaping. my mother has really upset me. I used smoke 40 a day and now I don't!

@lene Try to be firm with your family and explain to them how difficult it was for you to get off cigs, and that them nagging you about vaping is upsetting you. Tell them that this situation is because teenagers are vaping dangerous untested drugs, which is a completely different thing to you vaping nicotine eliquid you’ve bought in a respectable shop. Ask them to respect your decision to make a healthier choice about your life as the grown adult you are :10:

Last edited:
Lol. Yes. I see you brave hearts pointing out the cigs part of my OP, let me hold your hand while I explain the current situation.

Yes, cigarettes are killing people as we speak BUT they're not turning up clusters of people in the same place with the same issue at the same time. That looks like somewhere, someone has spiked something. Since these juices reaches around the globe it'd be a matter of time before it starts popping the lungs of users around the globe, IF it is the regular carts and liquids causing this.

The point of it was that, I'd be dodging that bullet if it was contaminated liquid that might end up in my tank if I smoked cigs and kind of put my death off for a later stage.

Please, stop being dicks.

Well those smoking stats that were given to you about smoking related deaths in the US, let’s put those into more context.

That’s about 1300 deaths per day.

Divide that by 50 states and that’s 26 deaths a day, per state.

For every death there are 20 times that living with a smoking related illness and these are being diagnosed daily through hospital admission. So that’s over 500 per day, per state admitted to hospital and diagnosed with a smoking related illness.

So yes, they are turning up in clusters. HUGE clusters. Much bigger ones daily than this current one off that has been incorrectly attributed to vaping as we know it.

I wouldn’t call giving you the real facts so you can make a truly informed decision ‘dickish’. I’d say your reaction would fit that description more accurately. It’s almost like you wanted a preconceived bias confirmed and got angry when it wasn’t [emoji848]

People here have had to deal with this kind of nonsense anti-vaping propaganda for a long time. It’s gets tiresome having to correct people. If anything that was said could be see as dickish, and I can’t for the life of me see what, then I’m sure it wasn’t intentional.

Last edited:
I died from vaping and so did my wife. We were both only vaping for 2 weeks after 25 years of smoking, and she suddenly took a puff on her vaporizer and blew up. I was so shocked I had to sit down. Where I spied my vaporizer and I picked it up and took a puff of delicious Candy Apple (I bought it because despite smoking for 25 years, I'm only 13 and the bright colours made me think it was cool) and the darndest thing happened. I didn't blow up like my imaginary wife, but I suddenly got a lung disease and my face swelled up so I looked like Sophie Ellis Bexter and then I died.

Back
Top Bottom