What's new

MTL atomiser advice please

muggo

Postman
I currently use iClear 30 & 30S attys on my eleaf TC40W mods & I'm fed up of them leaking in hot weather. My fave juice is banana based & it's a real tank cracker with these plastic tanks. The good point about the iClear 30 is the ability to clean, dry burn & reuse them several times if you are careful. I do this once a week.
I spoke to someone today who has an VIP ETS BVC atty that she reckons lasts a few weeks before replacing the coil. Their website suggests it's only suitable for specific mods though. Maybe it's a specific fitting or perhaps it's just VIP promoting their mods.
I know the iClear is a fairly old design so is there something I can use with eleaf mods, with a glass tank & that's cleanable. Coils that don't cost too much & last for ages would be an advantage.
I use 2.1 ohm coils at 4-5 watts. 60/40 home made juice.
Thanks.
Paul

Wow - how the hell do you manage to dry burn and reuse the iclear 30 - I remember having one and throwing it in the bin in frustration after trying to reuse it. You must have the patience of a saint.

I would have recommended the Kanger Protank 2 a few years ago but now they are difficult to find especially with the air valve add on that is a must. I still use mine daily at 7w and a 1.8ohm coil

If you want stock coils then the aspire nautilus mini is probably the way to go although it wasn't for me due to my inability to get the damn thing open.

If you are happy to make your own coils, which is very simple then I would suggest having a look at the Kayfun Prime Clone by SXK

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10044009/9437000-sxk-prime-styled-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer

Its a glass and stainless tank with top filling, air and juice flow control. It is a bit of a thing to learn to use and if you don't close the juice flow before filling it will gurgle and leak a little, but other than that I have never had a leak and use it with 1.8ohm coils at 7.5w and its a good vape. SXK also make the Doggystyle tank, available from Fastech too. Another good mtl tank but bottom fill and the tank is plastic of some sort. I should add the Prime is quite a large tank so check it will be okay on your mod, there are a few reviews for both on youtube.

I have a couple of friends who use the Aspire K2, they say the coils last a long time on those but I have never used one myself so cant really say what they are like.

It’s a great clone, I took a chance on it after reading the discussion threads on the listing. I was ordering the dvarw and decided to stick it in the basket, for some reason hadn’t been that excited about the prime. But I’m very happy with it, it’s better than I had expected.

Wow - how the hell do you manage to dry burn and reuse the iclear 30 - I remember having one and throwing it in the bin in frustration after trying to reuse it. You must have the patience of a saint.

I would have recommended the Kanger Protank 2 a few years ago but now they are difficult to find especially with the air valve add on that is a must. I still use mine daily at 7w and a 1.8ohm coil

If you want stock coils then the aspire nautilus mini is probably the way to go although it wasn't for me due to my inability to get the damn thing open.

If you are happy to make your own coils, which is very simple then I would suggest having a look at the Kayfun Prime Clone by SXK

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10044009/9437000-sxk-prime-styled-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer

Its a glass and stainless tank with top filling, air and juice flow control. It is a bit of a thing to learn to use and if you don't close the juice flow before filling it will gurgle and leak a little, but other than that I have never had a leak and use it with 1.8ohm coils at 7.5w and its a good vape. SXK also make the Doggystyle tank, available from Fastech too. Another good mtl tank but bottom fill and the tank is plastic of some sort. I should add the Prime is quite a large tank so check it will be okay on your mod, there are a few reviews for both on youtube.

I have a couple of friends who use the Aspire K2, they say the coils last a long time on those but I have never used one myself so cant really say what they are like.
K2 is a good shout. I have one for out and about sometimes. Takes Nautilus coils so easy to get hold of them. Only downside is the airflow isn't adjustable. Prob similar to 3rd or 4th hole on Nautilus mini

I also have a Kangertech Protank that appears not to leak & has a glass tank. Trouble is the coils taste terrible after very few days. I have some spare coils but they are too long to fit so it seems there are different types.
What model do i have that uses short coils & has anyone any experience of them lasting longer?
Chrs
Paul

Back
Top Bottom