What's new

Nautilus RBA kit

If you think that's fiddly try a youde zephyrus twin coil titanium TC build like I did for my first try ever. That was fiddly and a half lol.

OFFS! I have been sitting here for AN HOUR trying to get the little wires trapped under the microscopic screws and I just can't do it.

I'm having a break from that for a while, it feels like I need the hands of a Japanese girl whereas my actual hands feel like I'm wearing XXL boxing gloves.

First go at building an RBA, are they all like this?

I`ve seen this and it looks really tiny. Get a Kayfun Lite or something similar. I got 2 from another ape and, even with my poor eyesight, I have no problems putting a new coil in.

@paul-7 Thanks for making and posting that video. It looks like I may well have to invest in that bit of kit and start building my own coils for this tank.

@Waspy I would love to hear your thought on the kit as supplied and how you get on with your first build, as I have two Nautilus tanks and rebuilding the coils for them would be a bonus.

I`ve seen this and it looks really tiny. Get a Kayfun Lite or something similar. I got 2 from another ape and, even with my poor eyesight, I have no problems putting a new coil in.[/QUOTE

Funny I know someone who has a Kayfun Clone up for sale!!! ;)

IT'S A MIRACLE!

I finally did it.

I threw away the first coil which I ruined, and had a bit of a brainwave for the second coil.

I heated the legs of the coil on the gas ring to make them softer.

I used a proper 0 point Philips screwdriver to tighten those pesky (hardly visible) screws properly.

My iStick is saying 1.0ohms.

It is vaping very nicely at 9.0w with the max airflow. Better than the Nautilus OEM coil.

No leaks (yet).

Questions:

How far can I turn up the watts?

Where can I get some more coils?.....please don't suggest making my own :(

Strange but on that tutorial video, the deck (get me) stands proud of the Nautilus when he is working on it and when he heats and squeezes the coil. On mine it sinks deep into the base of the Nautilus and I had to screw it in with tweezers to give it the old 'heat and squeeze' treatment.

I didn't make the video @pava just re posted it ;)

@Waspy make your own coils :p :2thumbsup: as for watts just increase it slowly till you find your sweet spot ;)

I'm loving this forum.:2thumbsup: It's the dogs danglers.:14: I look in every day, well almost every day, and I learn something new every time I visit.

Just to add to this, I tried the RBA deck with a mini cage tank and had nothing but leaks as it won't close properly.

Just received my Nautilus re-buildable deck for Gearbest. Well actually, no I didn't. What I received was a re-buildable coil, not the deck I ordered. Just waiting to hear what they intend to do about it. On the plus side, the coiling kit looks great and hopefully I'll get to have a play at building some coils this weekend, wife permitting of course.:18:

Just received my Nautilus re-buildable deck for Gearbest. Well actually, no I didn't. What I received was a re-buildable coil, not the deck I ordered. Just waiting to hear what they intend to do about it. On the plus side, the coiling kit looks great and hopefully I'll get to have a play at building some coils this weekend, wife permitting of course.:18:
I'm not being funny, but do you have a pic of what they sent - it really is the tniest thing you ever saw! :D

Back
Top Bottom