What's new

Needing advice for mtl coil making

A single coil can last me a few months. Every few days you just take out the cotton, dry burn it to get the gunk off, replace the cotton and go again.

I replace coils more often because I feel like it rather than that they need replaced.

Awesome, that's going to save me a fortune on coils then! Thanks for all the advice. I'll probably be back on in a week moaning that i can't get the coils right! haha

@smcolley you'll love the Siren 2, I find it really easy to coil and wick.
The flavour is outstanding too, and the top fill bayonet type cap is something all tanks should have.

@smcolley you'll love the Siren 2, I find it really easy to coil and wick.
The flavour is outstanding too, and the top fill bayonet type cap is something all tanks should have.

Glad to hear it. I'm hoping to vape it at around 1ohm if i get my build right. Have you got any tips or advice for the siren or is it as good as the reviews i've seen on youtube?

TBH I've built it in SS and Kanthal, and from 0.75 to 1.5 ohm, and they all work great.
Just adjust your wattage to what suits your style of vaping. Definitely use Steam Engine calculator to work out the coil according to your 28g kanthal.
2.5mm ID 6/5 wraps of 28g Kanthal should come in at about 1ohm, and run at about 10-12W and you should be good to go. Enjoy!
@smcolley

TBH I've built it in SS and Kanthal, and from 0.75 to 1.5 ohm, and they all work great.
Just adjust your wattage to what suits your style of vaping. Definitely use Steam Engine calculator to work out the coil according to your 28g kanthal.
2.5mm ID 6/5 wraps of 28g Kanthal should come in at about 1ohm, and run at about 10-12W and you should be good to go. Enjoy!
@smcolley

Thanks for the advice brother. I'll update in a few days when the postman brings me my goodies

Re wicking. How long are you guys leaving your tails? I'm getting lots of dry hits

Re wicking. How long are you guys leaving your tails? I'm getting lots of dry hits

Yeah, as @Qwackers98 said, totally depends on the deck. Wicking any tank involves a period of trial and error until you find out what works. If it's dry hitting, pull it apart and try again with slightly less cotton/longer tails, if it leaks put more cotton in etc etc.

I'd estimate it takes me about a month with a new tank to properly nail wicking technique, wick size and thickness and coil positioning until I feel like I'm getting the best out of the tank, and only then can I judge whether I actually like the damn thing or not.

I've had it a year :D

I gave up though, went back to the Rose

Single deck, 1ohm coil (or so)

I often find less is more with wicks. I seem to be quite lucky and suss our wicking quite quickly with a tank, not always although.

Back
Top Bottom