What's new

Needing advice for mtl coil making

It might be that the Japanese cotton works better in this tank, another poster mentioned yesterday in the mtl clubhouse thread that he thinks cotton bacon etc don’t work that well in the old kayfuns and that he recommends the muji cotton. I’ve always used the Japanese stuff myself and never had problems with it, I find it’s great for my tanks.

I'll have a look for that thread, it sounds like i may need it! I bought the cotton bacon as everybody seems to rave about it. Horses for courses i guess

Well, I've only ever used Cotton Bacon in all my rebuildables so far, everything from big RDAs down to the MTL sirens and DoggyStyles, and have had no problems. I always comb and fluff my wicks.

Honestly can't believe the difference in this tank from just changing the cotton. I'm sure cotton bacon is a decent product but just wasn't giving me flavour, maybe I wasnt doing it right, who knows. But i'm now enjoying the tank thank god and i've ordered some muji cotton which is cheap as hell

Honestly can't believe the difference in this tank from just changing the cotton. I'm sure cotton bacon is a decent product but just wasn't giving me flavour, maybe I wasnt doing it right, who knows. But i'm now enjoying the tank thank god and i've ordered some muji cotton which is cheap as hell

I’m still working through a big bag of muji I bought about a year ago! Tips for using it are make sure you peel off the top and bottom layers to get the fluffy stuff in the middle, and I always push it through the coil and then rake out the rails a little with some tweezers before juicing it up and putting it into position.

Also the first few drags can taste pretty cottony until it beds in better. Just vape through it.

Back
Top Bottom