What's new

New old guy, or old new guy

Biochemist

Postman
Hi there, been a while. Been a while since I did anything vape related.

Started around early 2016 and vaped hardcore until Dec 2020. I think my mods were attached to my hand all the time bar showering and sleeping. Maybe I overdid it with nearly 100 atties, 5 mods, upwards of 100 DIY flavours, 4-5 FB groups, 4 fora (ecf, the efc refugee one, this one and a Greek one). Had high nic from a questionable source (was great, clear as crystal and never smelling fishy), made a jig to make fused Claptons, had wires, mesh… and one day I somehow got sick of it all, chucked the flavours down the sink, put all wires a couple of mods, batteries and some clone atties in a box and left in a friend’s vape store for anyone to pick through. Really don’t know what happened, just got sick and disgusted by me having the mods permanently attached to my hand, trying the tenth attempt of some DIY guru or other to clone Dinner Lady’s Lemon Tart, vaping through litres of custards and RY4s.
Anyway I gave away a lot but kept a couple of mechs (Kennedy Vindicator, Atmizoo lab), the brilliant and super reliable Titan PWM mod, some of my favourite atties like the kayfun 5, taifun gt2, 3, 4, and GSL, the Origen mk2 v2, the Corona V8, Brunhilde, Goon, Kennedy 25 and a few other things likely considered relics nowadays. Pity is my Fatality RTA fell and managed to get bent so tanks don’t fit it - amazing RTA.

No clue what vaping is like nowadays, I had predicted back in 2019/20 that pods, AIOs and disposables will rule, they seem to be doing fine. I was told in a vape shop I used to for my DIY stuff that there are new flavours that need minimal steeping, and the old recipes I learnt on are too dirty. Felt weird.

I read today that Kennedy closed doors, I saw their Vindicator flashlights and 510 heads and laughed/cried. So tragicomic you can’t make it up! Pity because the Kennedys were damn good atties for my taste.

Bought a few things lately, got the itch back, got some juices - good OLD STUFF - and also ordered the 250ml bottles of RY Whore and Welsh Custard from Chef’s, it’s ok, I can wait the steep!

So what’s the scene like?

Welcome back. As you say the scene is dominated by pods and disposables. Personally I am mainly still using MTL RTAs though. There are some very good stock mesh coils about now, even for MTL.

What you wrote and said would happen, has happened. I don't do pods, boro's!, or any of that crap, never will. Like the older stuff that is made to last. Yes it may cost more, but will last and is as good as it gets for what I need RDL.

Doesn’t even cost more! My Titan PWM mod is alive and well and chucking the clouds while both my voopoo drag and drag 2 died after 1.5 years each. Actually I believe the first voopoo drag was better than the second, now I got a drag 3 in the mail and eyeing the Steam Crave Hadron with the Ragnar RDTA.

welcome back @Biochemist
a lot sure has changed since youve been gone.
around 3 years ago smok flooded the market with a new kit every few days and it was round about then their coils went to pot with so many QC issues.
last couple of years vaporesso have released a load of decent kits and also geekvape whos mods are built like tanks and will take many a knock which would knacker most of the other kits out there.
the sooner they ban disposable the better for all of us. mumsnet are on the warpath to ban all vape thanks to bloody disposables.

like you one of my 50 odd kits are glued to my hand for the past 7 years and i can easily get through 50ml a day but on low 3mg nic so still a lot healthier than the thousands of cigs i got through previously for 37 years.

50ml a day? I wanted to say that’s a lot but I recall mixing about a litre of juice per month so that’s no so far off.
I am two days without cigs, although I have been smoking a pipe for the last…many year, can’t get away from liking tobacco and not at all sad about it. I told my wife she’ll start seeing vape packages in the mail, she wasn’t too happy. The thing is we moved to Switzerland last year and I left most of my vapes back in Greece where I am originally from, so now feeling the itch ;)
Pretty good vaping scene here, a lot of vapers but mostly I see pods, not rebuildables.

If your still after that Dinner Lady Lemon Tart Clone this is supposed to be pretty close.
upload_2022-8-18_22-57-47.png

If your still after that Dinner Lady Lemon Tart Clone this is supposed to be pretty close.

Haha, I used to mix this recipe, it's the closest I found to the original. In fact it's like the original before they changed their bottle style, which for me screwed up the Lemon Tart too. It's like how it was in the 30ml glass bottles you used to open and the whole room smelled like you're in a bakery.

Edit: another I used to mix and really liked is this one because the bakery aspect is quite pronounced:

upload_2022-8-19_7-30-6.png

Yeah, down the rabbit hole we'll go again :P

Last edited:
:welcome1: Back @Biochemist if you have not had Chefs Welsh Custard before you are in for a nice treat its one of my favs and have always got it on the go.

:welcome1: Back @Biochemist if you have not had Chefs Welsh Custard before you are in for a nice treat its one of my favs and have always got it on the go.

Cheers, vaped through litres of the stuff back in the day so now it was the first thing I ordered :)
I love how it's chunky and thick and heavy, kind of like me :P

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom