What's new

New to Luxe Max questions

anybody got their rebuildable doofers yet? i was using the stock coils for a week or so as i couldn’t be arsed building it but got it going again yesterday. it’s good, def much better and smoother than the stock ones.

i find once the liquid gets below a certain point in the wee tank you need to be careful as it gets prone to a dry hit. this with the stock coils or the rba. once the liquid is aboht level with the bitttom of the see through part. but the thing is, i think there is still a fair bit of liquid in there.
Still waiting ...don't think it's left the warehouse yet FFS

anybody got their rebuildable doofers yet? i was using the stock coils for a week or so as i couldn’t be arsed building it but got it going again yesterday. it’s good, def much better and smoother than the stock ones.

i find once the liquid gets below a certain point in the wee tank you need to be careful as it gets prone to a dry hit. this with the stock coils or the rba. once the liquid is aboht level with the bitttom of the see through part. but the thing is, i think there is still a fair bit of liquid in there.
Mine's still in the post....

Yeah, the main thing that annoys me about the Luxe, and the Thelema Elite is not being able to see the level - I've now got used go tilting to one side and judging by how much juice is in the top and bottom halves, but it'd be nice to be able to see at a glance as you move it towards your face to vape on it.... well, how hard is it to lilt it and tilt back on the way... but would be nice :)

Interesting to hear you prefer the doofer to the stock coils, I ordered one but will happily pick up a couple more if I prefer them and in general for saving cash, not chucking stuff away, not relying on shop stock and using the massive stash of wire and wick I have !

How do you measure... well, I guess the question is, how do you find not being able to measure the ohms / try the thing out with a dry fire - I guess it's just down to steam engine and being consistent.

Presumably 2mm ID coils ? - what metal are you using / wraps etc ?

How do you 'terminate' the cotton ? - I watched a couple of build videos that say essentially drop the cotton into the well with the 'side' of the cotton snug against the holes, but I fancy trying to sneak it through the holes and snipping, to my mind you'd get better capillary action that way.

Do you have a third hand for holding the thing while holding the coil tool with your left and screwing the wire down with your right ? :) - am rather wondering how damn fiddly it'll be without the 'deck' being secured to an atty stand/mod.

Last edited:
>i think there is still a fair bit of liquid in there
Yep, the see-through bit seems to be generally around where the top of the inlets is, so I kinda call that the point where I want to be filling it soon.

i wish they'd make a larger one, like 7ml or even more, say with an extended mouthpiece and the main body a few mm taller, would still be compact enough and maybe a little more elegant looking, and just last longer between fills.

Mine's still in the post....

Yeah, the main thing that annoys me about the Luxe, and the Thelema Elite is not being able to see the level - I've now got used go tilting to one side and judging by how much juice is in the top and bottom halves, but it'd be nice to be able to see at a glance as you move it towards your face to vape on it.... well, how hard is it to lilt it and tilt back on the way... but would be nice :)

Interesting to hear you prefer the doofer to the stock coils, I ordered one but will happily pick up a couple more if I prefer them and in general for saving cash, not chucking stuff away, not relying on shop stock and using the massive stash of wire and wick I have !

How do you measure... well, I guess the question is, how do you find not being able to measure the ohms / try the thing out with a dry fire - I guess it's just down to steam engine and being consistent.

Presumably 2mm ID coils ? - what metal are you using / wraps etc ?

How do you 'terminate' the cotton ? - I watched a couple of build videos that say essentially drop the cotton into the well with the 'side' of the cotton snug against the holes, but I fancy trying to sneak it through the holes and snipping, to my mind you'd get better capillary action that way.

Do you have a third hand for holding the thing while holding the coil tool with your left and screwing the wire down with your right ? :) - am rather wondering how damn fiddly it'll be without the 'deck' being secured to an atty stand/mod.

i just build the thing and put it in. i never test fire coils anyway, and don’t pay much attention to the resistance. 7 wraps of 29g stainless at2mm, always works and comes out at 0.6 or 0.7 ohms. the cotton is easy, just cut it at 3mm or so and tuck it in the slots, making sure the holes are covered, as you say.

there’s a nack to building it, i think i hold it between the thumb and middle finger of the left hand and use the index finger to hold the wire tight when screwing it down.

i just build the thing and put it in. i never test fire coils anyway, and don’t pay much attention to the resistance. 7 wraps of 29g stainless at2mm, always works and comes out at 0.6 or 0.7 ohms. the cotton is easy, just cut it at 3mm or so and tuck it in the slots, making sure the holes are covered, as you say.

there’s a nack to building it, i think i hold it between the thumb and middle finger of the left hand and use the index finger to hold the wire tight when screwing it down.
Thanks, spaced coil out of interest ? - I have 28awg SS so will try with that first - yep, guess I'll have to find a few new fingers to do the job.

Thanks, spaced coil out of interest ? - I have 28awg SS so will try with that first - yep, guess I'll have to find a few new fingers to do the job.

yep, i find stainless always spaces itself anyway. the inside of it is quite tight so you’ll find the gap between the screws dictates how spaced it will be. i also put a little kink in the coil leg two or so mm from the coil on the end with the leg up to help it catch on the screw, and put that one on first since it’s the trickier side. it helps if you take the screws out as far as you can without them falling off.

yep, i find stainless always spaces itself anyway. the inside of it is quite tight so you’ll find the gap between the screws dictates how spaced it will be. i also put a little kink in the coil leg two or so mm from the coil on the end with the leg up to help it catch on the screw, and put that one on first since it’s the trickier side. it helps if you take the screws out as far as you can without them falling off.
Thanks, I usually make spaced coils on a steel bolt, I have a little selection but don't have a 2mm-ish one yet, will have a scavenge around for something suitable, thinking about it, the ones that secure light switch covers to the wall socket might be about right !

Shame there's quite a gap between the edge of the screw heads and the little raised bits on either side, would be much easier to secure the wire if there was no gap there but as-is looks like it'd need to be awg way less than 28 to do that so yeah, needs to be held in the right spot to catch well under the head.

The package with mine in it seems to be having a little holiday having made it half way here...

Back
Top Bottom