What's new

New to Mechs, little advice please?

Yeah, that makes no sense at all.
Tbh i think that was down to the builds they had in them in comparison to mine. The more i learn about mechs the more im realising what makes them so good

A regulated box with a good chip is reliable for ohms. Id trust my DNA devices more than my coil master tab. Wouldn't rely on a Smok or Wismec device though.

A regulated box with a good chip is reliable for ohms. Id trust my DNA devices more than my coil master tab. Wouldn't rely on a Smok or Wismec device though.
That's it, not all mods are made equal neither are all ohm tabs though.
I trust the maths enough that so long as the expected ohms match the reading I will see it as correct.
The reason I usually advise people new to mechs and rda's to use it on a regulated mod first is more on the off chance of a bad coil or poor connection/loose screw more than anything
I still make the habit of a pre test and do all my dry burning on a regulated box even after using mechs for a long time, safety first and all that

You mad bro? ;) Wismec chips are excellent in my experience and accurately read resistance. How odd.

I've had quite a few Mad Hatters. Cracking little mechs and that RDA is amazing for flavour. it is indeed a hybrid so keep your eye on the positive pin (that its protruding). Another thing to be aware of is that you will need to keep the threads and contact in the button squeaky clean or you'll get a hot button. A little Autosol and a squirt of contact cleaner is all it needs.

You mad bro? ;) Wismec chips are excellent in my experience and accurately read resistance. How odd.

I do have to agree here, I think Wismec boards/chips are actually very good for the price they are available for. If they upgraded from that crappy 510, and upped the wire gauge, I would say they would be some of the best mods for their price point (They already are I think though).

I do trust my DNA200's more though for some reason. Which is odd, as out of all of my collection, I have had the most problems with Evolvs Devices (3 out of 5 mods failed- Evolv replaced the board on 2 though, and my DNA75 I need to just solder the 510 back in place).

I don't have a mad hatter mech, but do have one of the RDA's. I really like it, goes very nice on a SS SMPL.

EDIT: I should also add, I think the price of the mad hatter mech is perfect. As you all probably know, I don't do very expensive authentic mech mods. To me, they aren't worth it, so I go for cheaper authentics, or clones.

If more mechs were at the price point of the mad hatter, I would own a lot more authentic mech mods. My favourite is a Wotofo phantom, which wasn't very expensive at all, and really impressed me with what come in the box, and also performance.

So, Ive since obtained my Mad Hatter V2 mech kit, Im actually sort of dissapointed, not sure what i was expecting... The RDA is okay, Nice sized deck, good quality (except the paint work is flaking already), Not amazing flavour but its there. Hate the little notch on the inside of the sleeve but i get why its there. The Mech itself however....im very underwhelmed if im honest, I think i may of expected too much from it, may just be the batteries im using (Samsung 25r's) but im getting voltage drop almost instantly and it just seems so underpowered, im just using it on my Regulated now and the Mech tube is just sat in the box. im sure theres a tonne of contributing factors but im finidng the Tube itself is just a tad of a let down, for me at least.

Im using a 0.19 Dual tiger coil build (first time using the coils) on the mech mod its ramp up time is silly, takes two or three decent drags to get a good pull out of it

Am I doing something wrong or is this just how it is? this is my first RDA and Mech so i dont want this to put me off but im a little gutted that its not what i expected...

So, Ive since obtained my Mad Hatter V2 mech kit, Im actually sort of dissapointed, not sure what i was expecting... The RDA is okay, Nice sized deck, good quality (except the paint work is flaking already), Not amazing flavour but its there. Hate the little notch on the inside of the sleeve but i get why its there. The Mech itself however....im very underwhelmed if im honest, I think i may of expected too much from it, may just be the batteries im using (Samsung 25r's) but im getting voltage drop almost instantly and it just seems so underpowered, im just using it on my Regulated now and the Mech tube is just sat in the box. im sure theres a tonne of contributing factors but im finidng the Tube itself is just a tad of a let down, for me at least.

Im using a 0.19 Dual tiger coil build (first time using the coils) on the mech mod its ramp up time is silly, takes two or three decent drags to get a good pull out of it

Am I doing something wrong or is this just how it is? this is my first RDA and Mech so i dont want this to put me off but im a little gutted that its not what i expected...

what settings are you using on the regulated with that set up in the RDA?

Back
Top Bottom