What's new

new VAT rules for imports from 1st jan 2021

Looks like this is going to be a thing, just received a tax/import bill from FedEX through the post for the OXVA Velocity kit I received for review on 31st December. Annoyingly the bulk of it is for an “administration fee” again... muppets!

Looks like this is going to be a thing, just received a tax/import bill from FedEX through the post for the OXVA Velocity kit I received for review on 31st December. Annoyingly the bulk of it is for an “administration fee” again... muppets!
Retrospective billing, wtf, you have been sent a bill, after already having taken delivery of the goods, pre 01/01/2021?

Retrospective billing, wtf, you have been sent a bill, after already having taken delivery of the goods, pre 01/01/2021?

I don't think it's related, this has always been a thing..... as I keep carping on about the Voopoo prize I won over a year ago that they wanted me to pay for.

Yes it’s always been a thing but it looks like the delivery companies are going to be more strict. I wouldn’t mind but I got a txt to let me know it was being delivered but nothing to let me know that there were any fees to pay which is what DHL have done in the past, this then gives you the opportunity to go online and then pay the tax without incurring the admin fees... looks like I’m going to have to keep a much closer eye on things in future!

I don't think it's related, this has always been a thing..... as I keep carping on about the Voopoo prize I won over a year ago that they wanted me to pay for.

I didn't know you was retrospectively billed though, I thought you would choose to pay in advance or reject the package.

I didn't know you was retrospectively billed though, I thought you would choose to pay in advance or reject the package.

I'm sure someone either started (or commented on) a thread saying this happened to them while back, because I remember being shocked about it at the time. .. I doubt I could find it now though, it might be buried in one of those 'My package is late' threads that pop up all the time. :D

@eyeball kid do you remember this, you usually have something to say on couriers. ;)

I found this comment from 2013!!

I've been stung by Fed-Ex, a full month after I've received my package and thought I'd got away with paying nothing. They have a nasty habit of paying your charges and then billing you for them.

#14 Doc_Gonzo, Aug 25, 2013

I'm sure it's been commented about since though. :D

I found this comment from 2013!!

I've been stung by Fed-Ex, a full month after I've received my package and thought I'd got away with paying nothing. They have a nasty habit of paying your charges and then billing you for them.

#14 Doc_Gonzo, Aug 25, 2013

I'm sure it's been commented about since though. :D

I wonder, is that contractually legal (and binding), to deliver goods, and bill people later?

I wonder, is that contractually legal (and binding), to deliver goods, and bill people later?

yeah, it's crazy and I don't know ... but I had all these thoughts myself, which is why I remembered it.

Chap on the radio today has had to stop shipping to the EU as his £35 plants were arriving with bills for €40 from the couriers, and the customers were raging.

I got an email today about a Telegonos being available but I've cancelled the order as I'm not importing anything until this mess is resolved.

Back
Top Bottom