What's new

Noob diy mixing question

This is as good as anything from the Flv tobacco range, i dont get much of the brown sugar or vanilla but you can add any vanilla, or cream to it, it's sensational. Start at maybe 1% , be aware that the longer you steep, weeks > months it becomes a very strong tasting tobacco, and it has that woody taste, amazing and potent.
View attachment 332216
View attachment 332215

https://nomnomz.co.uk/products/woody-royal-tobacco-super-aromas?variant=45141554561332

Thanks I'll put that down! I have a few manabush leaf cigars I switch in but it's not my every day flavour and it blows your head off in the morning. All these tobaccos get confusing so I'm glad I have you guys!

Just a decent tobacco with vanilla or coconut, that's always a winner for me.

That could be pretty easily done I think, I'll recommend FLV because that's what I have most experience with these days and the most success

Tobacco of your choice (Maybe FLV vanilla tobacco, so you get the vanilla note?) not sure because that's one of the newer ones I've not tried.

FLV Sweet coconut (the best coconut by a mile for me) start by adding 0.5% to the tobacco you can always add more if you need to, it might depend on how strong the tobacco taste is.

I tend not to use creams or custards (they get a bit pukey for me) but once you have that down you could always add a little something else from there.

You just need to go for it really and try not to mix too much unless you are 100% sure.

Yeah I want something rich and smoky enough but not too ashy. And not taste like a fresh pack of baccy either. And I have some straight coconut and vanilla juices to mix into things now as it is.

Also.... FLV smoked butterscotch in a small amount does a really good job of adding richness and smokiness to slightly thinner tobaccos.

So there's tricks like that you kind of figure out along the way, you don't really taste the butterscotch in the tobacco, it just tastes 'thicker' and more smokey to me.

You just have to learn to please yourself though and trust your own tastebuds because everyone is different it seems.

Also.... FLV smoked butterscotch in a small amount does a really good job of adding richness and smokiness to slightly thinner tobaccos.

So there's tricks like that you kind of figure out along the way, you don't really taste the butterscotch in the tobacco, it just tastes 'thicker' and more smokey to me.

You just have to learn to please yourself though and trust your own tastebuds because everyone is different it seems.

That's great advice, thank you! I really don't like toffee flavours in general so I wouldn't have thought to add that but it makes sense. I saw honey and milk on there too so I thought that might do a similar job. I have in my head exactly what I want but its just getting there. The tobacco is the hardest part for me as I don't really know thr difference between all the leaf varieties. I'm thinking virginia with a touch of something else. Something richer and a little Ash added in.

I'm making a list of what to buy. So far:

Connecticut shade
Kentucky
Virginia
Classic cigarette
Andi's woody Royal
Sweet coconut
Sweet cream
Milk and honey

And then some vanillas of some sort

I'm making a list of what to buy. So far:

Connecticut shade
Kentucky
Virginia
Classic cigarette
Andi's woody Royal
Sweet coconut
Sweet cream
Milk and honey

And then some vanillas of some sort

i’d caution against classic cigarette. i taste like a burning packet of fags with the plastic wrapper still on it.

Connecticut shade and kentucky are both really good, but stand alone flavours for me. too complex for me to even start blending them with anything else.

i’d caution against classic cigarette. i taste like a burning packet of fags with the plastic wrapper still on it.

Connecticut shade and kentucky are both really good, but stand alone flavours for me. too complex for me to even start blending them with anything else.

I was umming and arrhing about that one meself, one of the first flavours I ever bought was British cigarette and that's what it was like. Thought it might be worth it in case it needed a bit more fag flavour against the fresh baccy pouch flavour. I'll probably take that off the list. Thanks Zou. I think I'm looking for something like Nokomis as a base tbh. If I can knock that up first try I'll be happy :18:

there’s nothing about any of the “cig” concentrates reminiscent of nokomis. @andipandi might disagree, he uses it as a condiment for his chips :)

there’s nothing about any of the “cig” concentrates reminiscent of nokomis. @andipandi might disagree, he uses it as a condiment for his chips :)

Haha I guessed not. I had a vanilla tobacco that definitely has a drop of ciggie in so I was thinking of that. Nokomis is as fine as I could hope to ever hope to get near though. :18:

Back
Top Bottom