What's new

Noob diy mixing question

What is the minimum steep time for FLV tobaccos?

I'm thinking for starters I'd make probably 10ml of each tobacco to get an idea of what they taste like and what will work with other things. A few tanks of each solo flavour should give a good idea I reckon. But how long before I can get an idea of how much concentrate works? I.e. after a little steep.

Do you have an MTL dripper you can test on? Would be no harm in testing as time passes. Maybe a few weeks for steeping wouldn't hurt.

Do you have an MTL dripper you can test on? Would be no harm in testing as time passes. Maybe a few weeks for steeping wouldn't hurt.

I've got a few rta's I could rewick and load up. I was just wondering how long my R&D was going to take and how much premixed juice to order in the meantime.

I'd go on the premise it'll be red-rotten and order as usual. no point putting additional pressure on it.

I'd go on the premise it'll be red-rotten and order as usual. no point putting additional pressure on it.

Yeah I'll give it some time before I trust my homebrew!

And do I take it most mix their own mtl tobacco juices at 50/50?

@Deadanddripping actually the FLV tobaccos are good straight away. they do develop a bit over time to different degrees. red burley actually fades a bit. but all of them are good to go imo, as soon as you mixed them.

Are you completely ruling out one shots..... a more expensive gamble(but is it really) considering you might/prob will end up with lots of concentrates you don't like...so evens itself out once you find good one shots that you like.. tobacco n coconut you say don't get much better than this IMO https://www.mrslordspantry.co.uk/collections/concentrates/products/navy-cut-concentrate-30ml .
If you're in it to make you're own from scratch, that's great....but it's not as cheap as you might think, there is also great waste....anyhoo enjoy the journey, cos that's what it's all about.

Back
Top Bottom