What's new

Noob struggling building HELP!!

yobtaf_vapes

Initiate
Hi guy's, please can someone help me. As the title suggests I'm new to rda's and building. I don't want to go super low or anything maybe .4 ohms or slightly higher. I have xato copper mod with 18650 and mutation x v3 and am using 26 AWG kanthal. My problem is the wire is too thin for the screws in my posts the wire keeps missing the screws and going to the side! Do I just need to get better or use thicker wire? If I do go thicker wire will I struggle to get down to .4 ohms? This is my First ever build and wasn't expecting it to be easy as it know it's something that takes time and patience (and skill) but if I can't grip the wire do I need a different rda?

Any help advice or pointers is greatly received. Be as kind or brutal as you like :) Thanks in advance for any replies.

26 awg is pretty massive, you don't want to go any thicker. I'm guessing you have a poorly made clone.

Double up the wire where it screws down in the post hole. As long as everything is tight it won't affect your resistance.

As ment says just a little fidle should see you right.
0.4 ohms is pretty low btw, not insane low but pretty low. Its where i tend to like my dripper.
You all sorted with batteries that are good for that sort of ohmage?

Goood luck with it.

Cuck

Cheers guys, battery wise I'm using efest 35A. I did geothermal rda from Ebay but was listed as genuine and original. I hope it didn't just pay £32 for a poorly built clone!

When you say double up the wire, do you mean make the whole coil as 2 strands?

Cheers guys, battery wise I'm using efest 35A. I did geothermal rda from Ebay but was listed as genuine and original. I hope it didn't just pay £32 for a poorly built clone!

When you say double up the wire, do you mean make the whole coil as 2 strands?

You could double up the whole coild but then its a parallel build and will drop lower - you'd need to adjust your build to maintain the 0.4. Think what Ment was saying was just double up the end bits, where the legs make contact with the screws, just to give you some meat where you need it.

Good news on the efests, i have some of those too :thumbup:

Had a quick search for your rda, i'd not heard of it, cant find anything about it. Post a pic - lets have a look :)

Cuck

You can laugh

Attachments

• 1428167661677.jpg
    1428167661677.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 69
Gonna ask, doubt it. Probably just the photo.

Both legs aren't in the centre post are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I was was about to ask the same thing! Also, I would recommend stopping what you're doing right now and not even contemplating a build below 1Ohm until you know what you're doing. For one, a thicker gauge wire will give you lower resistance NOT higher - if you don't know that then you don't know enough to safely build. People need to stop running before they can walk, or they're going to blow their faces off and we'll have another reason for Vaping to be outright banned.

Information is everywhere in both writing and video form.

Watch some videos, have a little read and get comfortable with Ohm's law. Get yourself a coil building app. Building coils can be very dangerous and you NEED at least a basic understanding of what you're doing, or you're going to hurt yourself (and your battery). If there's something you don't understand, ask us but pleeeeeease don't go building close to the limit of your battery without making the effort to learn the theory and understanding what you're doing. It's really not difficult. Pleeeeease don't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom