What's new

Nottinghamshire Police Enforcing Coronavirus Guidelines.

Huggett

Legend
Actually a pleasure to see the guidelines are being enforced, I was a little on the fence earlier this week regarding the epidemic. I'll hold my hands up, but hearing Boris' announcement the other night amongst other things has hit home. I'd hate to think (I'm not infected, but precautions stop me getting and passing on for clarification lol), I'm the reason someone has passed away.

Anyway, enough rambling.

Nottingham police are enforcing (although slightly misunderstandingly) the guidelines.

Broxtowe, Nottingham Police are pulling over vehicles and checking the reason for there travel. (They claim, it needs to be for "key workers" travelling to work only)

Bulwell, Nottingham Police have been seen out on the streets today with whistles and they are indeed forcing groups of people to socially distance themselves.

Top work [emoji106]

Last edited:
Oh and as @Chris K pointed out, they've been enforcing none essential shops close. (Sadly it was a vape shop, they forced to close. But until a vape shop is deemed essential, it's enforced)

(Not Manabush Vape Cafe)**

Edited.

Last edited:
Oh and as @Chris K pointed out, they've been enforcing none essential shops close. (Sadly it was a vape shop, they forced to close. But until a vape shop is deemed essential, it's enforced)

Should mention it wasn't us at Manabush Cafe that was forced to close! We closed anyway as we were told, it was another shop in another part of town.

One of Lizzies colleagues was stopped in town today and told to go home as she wasn't essential staff.

Seems though the Police may have got the wrong end of the stick, Health Secretary is saying if you can't work at home, you can go into work.

The rules seem to be abit clearer now but last night it was panic stations!

Nice to see they're mucking in too, Notts police have been out distributing donated Easter eggs to kids aswell as food such as donated sandwiches to old people's homes.

Thanks for the update. I haven’t seen any police around here but people seem to be taking it seriously.
Waved at a few people in windows when I went for a stroll around the block earlier.

Stay safe buddy!

Thanks for the update. I haven’t seen any police around here but people seem to be taking it seriously.
Waved at a few people in windows when I went for a stroll around the block earlier.

Stay safe buddy!
They're enforcing on the spot fines too here, although I believe it's only £35. Whereas Boris I think said it could be £165 or I've plucked that from the interwebs.

But it'll make people think twice if it costs them money!

They're enforcing on the spot fines too here, although I believe it's only £35. Whereas Boris I think said it could be £165 or I've plucked that from the interwebs.

But it'll make people think twice if it costs them money!
Definitely, it’s just enough to put people off without breaking them financially when income is unpredictable.

It's good to enforce it, but it's bad to enforce a misinterpretation...

When I took the woofs out today there were joggers and cyclists all over the shop, but then that's normal for this middle class part of the countryside. They're all metres from each other so I don't see the problem. While we were trudging across the fields, I wondered how differently I'd feel about all of this if I was in a town or city. The answer is simple, I'd be going barmy.

Back
Top Bottom