What's new

Old image attachments and image uploads

I’m looking for a way to potentially scan through the images and optimise them instead. I could also maybe got through them by hand and leave pics of kit or reviews but there’s over 170,000 of them.

I’ll try and avoid full deletion if I can

You can but try fella, Im sure we all would rather the forum runs smooth and fast

Not all, by any means, quite a few of us have been using the likes of Postimage or Photobucket etc for quite a while as we were aware that One Day just this could happen. I have already suggested that the "Upload a File" button should be either disabled or removed. Harsh I know, but it would greatly ease the strain upon the Servers. Yes, obviously it requires a little bit more work from us members, but it isn't the end of the world to do. I use https://postimages.org/ which I have found to be excellent and it's FREE.

You could just cap the size of uploads to 100 Kb. For the vast majority of images there is no reason why they need to be any larger than that and it wouldn't be putting such a strain on the server space.

I’m looking for a way to potentially scan through the images and optimise them instead. I could also maybe got through them by hand and leave pics of kit or reviews but there’s over 170,000 of them.

I’ll try and avoid full deletion if I can

You might be able to batch in photoshop. Apparently the key with large volumes of images is to make sure the files are closed withing the batching process. This stops a build up of the scratch file size, which maintains the last X states for all open images.

One guy in this thread did 25k in one go without problems. https://community.adobe.com/t5/phot...-files-processed-in-one-session/td-p/13536905

Now the FBI are gonna have my fingerprint, my medical details, shoe size, Amazon and EBay order history and pictures of my vape gear.;)

:nothingtoadd:

They have all that, they just want to know if you're the XHamster clown twink:)

Back
Top Bottom