What's new

Phew, that was was a shock

RAPTOREX

Achiever
I picked up my T class, today. But I found it’s ohm reading very inaccurate. My heart sank, as its the only twin battery, none mech mod, that takes my 30mm tanks and drippers. And I’ve already had one go phut, on me.

the only thing I could think of was gunk in the 510. But the threads were shiny clean.
So armed with alcohol, the none drinkable kind, and a Q tip, I set about cleaning the offending 510.
A tonne of gunk came away from the black ring around the positive pin. In fact, so much gunk, that the black ring turned out to be white!
Replacing the Trilogy, I found the ohm reading was, again, perfect.

Not sure if this might help anybody, now or in the future. But I thought I post it, anyway.

I have had a similar thing happen with my T Class. I am sure it stores gunk under the 510 Fidget Spinner, had it happen on a couple of other mods that i hadn't used for a while. Not many fans of the T Class but i love my 2 :)

I have had a similar thing happen with my T Class. I am sure it stores gunk under the 510 Fidget Spinner, had it happen on a couple of other mods that i hadn't used for a while. Not many fans of the T Class but i love my 2 :)
I think you’re right. My 510 spinner is seized up, almost solid. Which, my view, is no bad thing at all.
I’ve nothing against the T Class. In fact I love its feel, and heft, of it. It’s just they do seem to die, even after light use. So I now only have one.
Still as both cost me less than £70 and one was only £19, I guess I can’t complain.
YiHi board do seem to be a good bit less reliable than their DNA equivalents. My only other YiHi mod died after only a year of light use.

I think you’re right. My 510 spinner is seized up, almost solid. Which, my view, is no bad thing at all.
I’ve nothing against the T Class. In fact I love its feel, and heft, of it. It’s just they do seem to die, even after light use. So I now only have one.
Still as both cost me less than £70 and one was only £19, I guess I can’t complain.
YiHi board do seem to be a good bit less reliable than their DNA equivalents. My only other YiHi mod died after only a year of light use.

Think i have had one of mine for almost 2 years and it was heavily used when i first got it, i got my 2nd about 6 - 8 months later and it's only been lightly used. I have a few Yihi mods including my Hadron which has had some proper heavy use especially with the squonk backpack and never really not had any issues with any of them, someone told me battery life was an issue with the T Class but i find them ok, i might just be lucky. I also like the weight and feel of it, i am not a fan of the light at the back so switch that off. Plus all the settings in the Menu to customize it is also great.

Back
Top Bottom