What's new

Pioneer RTA by BP Mods

I got my pioneer at the end of last week and ended up wicking it 8 times before I got it right ... or as close as I could get it to this video (I think someone already posted a link).

View attachment 276123

View attachment 276124

View attachment 276125

View attachment 276126

The trick seems to be shaping the cotton after soaking with liquid and keeping the cotton away from the chimney chamber.
Mine doesn't leak or gurgle now although I have found that bottom filling is better.

Lol. I gave up in the end and sold it. I'm a patient man but the Pioneer did for me. It's the only tank that ever has. I pride myself on my perseverance but this one was just too much. There didn't seem to be any pattern to what was happening. I could build it identically twice and get two completely opposing results. It was madness.

I was so disappointed to have to give up on it though, it was my favourite tank for flavour. Nothing else I have matches it.

Just wick it very thick, chop level with the base and tuck it in. Tamp it down if you must, but no faff, shaping or avoiding chambers needed.

I know I'm repeating myself, but just give it a go. It's so easy and works like a dream.

I use the method net vaper uses on his YouTube video. Uses the cotton as a sort of dam, it works for me better than that other video build.

I tried both and everything in between with very limited results. After my initial successful builds with the Bruce method I wondered what all the fuss was about but it soon started going pear shaped and I couldn't get it right for love no money. I was so careful too, I spent ages trying to shape the wick perfectly, wet and try to no avail.

I guess I was doing something wrong but I can't for the life of me figure out what.

I'd still love to buy a V1.5 but can't bring myself to do it based on previous results, I just fear the same would happen again.

I still don't like threaded glass either, I had a nightmare assembling it with cross-threading it.

Luckily there's a lot of choice at the the moment and I'm enjoying myself window shopping. I think I gradually narrowing it down, but just when I think I've made a decision something else comes along to take my fancy. Lol. I keep getting tempted to splurge and buy the lot, I haven't really treated myself to much for a while. Maybe it's time.

I will wait for a few reviews on the new version, it gives a good vape but what with the building and the filling, it is not used much and a bit of a hassle really.

Removing the airflow ring? Vaping Biker shows it coming off here @17min 20sec or so-

It's not very clear, but shows it being removed.

You shouldn't mess up the tank, although it might be hard to remove the first time.

Move the slot on the airflow ring so it sits between the small dots & the open slot.

Then pull on the airflow ring while wiggling it slightly from side to side, just in case you aren't properly lined up with the notch on the base.

I suggest trying to do this with the base attached to the, ideally empty, tank. Easier to grip that way.

Didn't expect such quick response :)
Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom