What's new

RDA Ohm's too low with any coil

smisty

Hello all!

I've been humbled by my new toy, the Coil Art Mage Combo RDTA... This is my first rebuildable and I've been using it as an RDA. I sat down with an experienced mate to do the first build using a prebuilt coil and all went well. The next day, I bought some 26ga kanthal wire and wrapped 7 times around 3mm for 0.9ohm single and 0.45ohm dual. I'm a fan of the 0.5ohm Cleito Pro coil and I wanted to be somewhere in that area so I was very happy with that even though it was a total fluke.

Today, I was itching to build another coil and I wanted to try out the velocity deck so I disassembled everything and something has gone wrong. Horribly, horribly wrong. I took the original posts out, but the other set for the velocity deck was a bit tight so I went back to the clamp. I put the 2 newly built coils in and attached it to my mod (Innokin Proton) and it read "0.01 low resistance"... I mucked about for a bit. I tried putting the previously built, perfectly functioning coils back in. Same thing. I tried installing a prebuilt. Same again. No matter what I stick in, it reads between 0.00 and 0.02

The box comes with a little baggy inside that has a couple of screws, the velocity deck, and some small plastic.... separators? I'm not sure what they're called but you can see one of them in the image I've posted. I THINK I've been a little hasty when I was taking out the original posts and haven't put it back together in the right way because no matter what I put in there, it's reading too low...

Anyone have any idea what's up? For the image, I've tried to lie everything out the way it's layered inside the deck when it's assembled

Thanks!... and I hope this helps someone else in the future because I can't find a thing showing me what's went wrong

S

Attachments

• 20190105_131526.jpg
    20190105_131526.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 99
yeah you're probably missing an insulator , like the one on the bottom of the the left post, usually theres one for the 510 to,

or you're putting the post back in the wrong way round i would think, getting the positive and negative mixed up

Your problem is an insulator missing or not fitted in the right place...

From your pic there is no insulator on the 510 pin, which is the big screw that goes up into the rda to hold the posts in, you should put the insulator on the screw before screwing it in, it should be like a little plastic looking collar....

This guy drinks on the house ^

Dude I'm so glad you mentioned the 510 connector... I could have sworn the little circular one fell out of the velocity bag and hadn't been used in the original build. All working again

A thousand thanks

S

Back
Top Bottom