What's new

Recommendations for quality Phillips screwdriver set for tank deck building

apollo118

Postman
Hi, as title says, I mainly have Kayfun X / Prime and have cheap small phillips head small screwdrivers, A nice set [can include other heads and not just phillips] to fasten screws nice and tight without slipping when attaching coil, anyone got some ideas, I am in the U.K. thanks chaps

My go-to brand for screwdrivers is Wera. Well built German engineering.
Even the best screwdriver will have a lifespan though. I use screwdrivers for work and replace them probably every couple of years or so. But, for your purposes they will last many, many years.
The key with any ‘driver is to keep the shaft “square” to the screw head - that preserves the heads of both the ‘driver & the screw and reduces any chance of slippage or cam-out.

I recommend buying quality from the outset, even if it is expensive. I bought cheap due to funds and regret it. Mine work but they're not very good. You really do get what you pay for. I'll upgrade to something better when money allows.

Hi, the Wera seem to be the way forward, does anyone know the particular individual phillips driver tip number/size to fit a Kayfun X deck screw?, I probably wont need them all but if I can get that one fine, if not I will look at the set Amazon product ASIN B009ODV0PI, thanks for all the help

Last edited:
+ another one for Wera gear. Though I bought individual items, not a kit.

+ another one for Wera gear. Though I bought individual items, not a kit.

Hi does anyone know the Wera item tip number for the Phillips head to fit a kayfun X deck screw? thanks

Last edited:
Hi does anyone know the Wera item tip number for the Phillips head to fit a kayfun X deck screw? thanks

I don't, but as nobody has answered yet probably a '0'

if that's too big, then a '00' which is very small.

If you get both you'll be pretty much covered for all 'little screws'

Hi, thanks to everyone, I have ordered so I should be ok, maker looks very good and made in Germany !!!

Back
Top Bottom