What's new

Rob's "RNLI" Fund Raiser Raffle.

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
Righty Ho Folks :) I have been quieter of late as many other things have been taking priority over Cyber Life, but I am BACK for a while at least. ;)

So, as many of the Old Hands know, I and @joe clay used to run a Bi Annual Charity event that was used to raise funds for a designated organisation.

The format that these events took was simple and we did some really good things for our chosen recipients.

I retired from running such events as I found that each one, (We ran 3 ) took an increasingly heavy toll on me due to the time involved in setting up donations from Manufacturers, Suppliers, Our Vendors and from YOU wonderful Folk. BUT, a germ of an idea started to form a while ago and I feel that now might be a Good Time to introduce it.

I am VERY aware that “Uncle Rotter” a.k.a. “Santa” will be conducting his annual Secret Santa event and so I wondered whether it might be fun to have a much Smaller Fund Raiser running alongside that event? The idea would be to Offer One or Two Quality Items as Prizes and to raffle them off by means of Ticket Sales.

I am NOT wanting to make this anywhere near as Big as The previous Charity Events that we have run, simply because I don’t want to step on the toes of my Successors who will run the next BIG Raffle or whatever format they choose at some point in the future.

The whole idea of this event would be to raise some much needed funds for The Royal National Lifeboat Institution, a.k.a. The “RNLI”. This is a cause that matters deeply to myself and many others and I would appreciate any support that you might feel able to offer by purchasing a Ticket or two.

The Usual format would work well, used in most giveaways and comps, i.e. names on a list

1. Rob

2. frangrant1

3. Bilbo

Along those lines.

Each Ticket would have a suggested value of £5. You can enter as many times as you so choose. The Raffle will run from the 1st of November through to December the 15th. This would “Hopefully” insure plenty of time to get the Winners Prizes to them to enjoy over the Christmas Period.

Donations would come to me and then when the Raffle is Drawn and all monies received, I will make the Donation of all funds raised to The RNLI on behalf of you all.

I am making this suggestion now, just to gauge the interest. If the idea appeals to enough of you to make it a worthwhile venture, then I’ll get on with setting things up. Thus far, I am considering offering a very Special Squonk Mod as one of the Prizes and probably an Atty or two as further Prizes :)

Cheers All.:worship::worship::worship:

Thanks Sam, I knew I could rely upon you to see this as a possibility :) I should have added, if anyone has suggestions etc, feel free to pop them into this thread.
Cheers All.

Thanks Sam, I knew I could rely upon you to see this as a possibility :) I should have added, if anyone has suggestions etc, feel free to pop them into this thread.
Cheers All.

Living on a group of islands the RNLI is so important to us. I'm sure I could find a mod to donate to the cause

I can't swim so stay well away from the coast but know how great and difficult those guys and gals do. I'm in.

You're "ON" Sam :) and thanks for offering assistance, much appreciated. :)

Back
Top Bottom