What's new

Seek Vaping-Asylum In The UK?

ZenAnarchi

Achiever
Does anyone have a rubber dinghy I can borrow?!? Even though crossing the North Sea from Norway may be a bit of a bother, since the new Tobacco Law was passed here, I am truly considering it :hmm:

The new law includes:
  • No sales, discounts or promotions are allowed
  • All products must be sold in plain packaging
  • All products must have a health advisory
  • All new products must be certified, at the expense of the manufacturer or importer
  • No consumer testing allowed (illegal to make a YouTube video?)
  • A TOTAL FLAVOR BAN!!! Other than certified tobacco flavors, from June 1st, it’ll be illegal to import, distribute or sell any other vape juices or concentrates…:11:

And if you think that there’s been a hefty discussion about this non-scientific based extremism, you’d be sorely mistaken. Here’s the conclusion of a wee discussion I had at Christmas with a (typical) passive/naive/moronic Norwegian, after I had sensibly defended against the usual tropes and myths:

Anna (not her real name): I think it’s morally correct to protect teenagers from this scourge!

Me: That’s a parent’s job, not the State’s. The difference between my morals and yours, are that yours deny me my rights.

Anna: Well, I believe that if the government thinks we should be protected against vaping, they must be right!

Me :jawdrop: (whispered under my breath): Bloody brainwashed fascists

I’m actually just seeking a bit of sympathy here :17: But if you see me float up on the beach near you, please offer me a hand and a warm blanket. I promise to be a productive immigrant and to never bring any non-vaping family members to the UK :18:

giphy.gif

Does anyone have a rubber dinghy I can borrow?!? Even though crossing the North Sea from Norway may be a bit of a bother, since the new Tobacco Law was passed here, I am truly considering it :hmm:

The new law includes:
  • No sales, discounts or promotions are allowed
  • All products must be sold in plain packaging
  • All products must have a health advisory
  • All new products must be certified, at the expense of the manufacturer or importer
  • No consumer testing allowed (illegal to make a YouTube video?)
  • A TOTAL FLAVOR BAN!!! Other than certified tobacco flavors, from June 1st, it’ll be illegal to import, distribute or sell any other vape juices or concentrates…:11:

And if you think that there’s been a hefty discussion about this non-scientific based extremism, you’d be sorely mistaken. Here’s the conclusion of a wee discussion I had at Christmas with a (typical) passive/naive/moronic Norwegian, after I had sensibly defended against the usual tropes and myths:

Anna (not her real name): I think it’s morally correct to protect teenagers from this scourge!

Me: That’s a parent’s job, not the State’s. The difference between my morals and yours, are that yours deny me my rights.

Anna: Well, I believe that if the government thinks we should be protected against vaping, they must be right!

Me :jawdrop: (whispered under my breath): Bloody brainwashed fascists

I’m actually just seeking a bit of sympathy here :17: But if you see me float up on the beach near you, please offer me a hand and a warm blanket. I promise to be a productive immigrant and to never bring any non-vaping family members to the UK :18:

giphy.gif

I honestly feel for you and wonder how long before we have the same or similar laws. I can't remember the last time i felt any love for this country but in vaping terms we seem ok at the moment. We are all expecting the Winds of Change to come and they will come, it's just a matter of time. I have noticed the biggest change when buying from China with the Taxes they had, we are not saving anywhere near as much as we used too. The UK will start to feel the Aftershock of what's happening to our friends in other Countries, it's just a matter of time.

You fucked up when you picked Norway. Should've gone to Sweden. They rejected a flavour ban.

Crikey!! THAT on top of the New Postal Restrictions!!!! :12::12::12:

Big brother has spoken, wtf ever happened to free will?

Back
Top Bottom