What's new

Shop bought juice or DIY?

What is stopping you switching from shop bought juice to DIY at home?

• I don't want to

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I don't know how to make my own juice

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don't want to wait for juices to steep

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I don't think it's any cheaper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other..... (Tell us in the comments)

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters

Flavour Boss

Postman
Hey,

I'm Graham from Flavour Boss. #teamboss

We're a DIY group that has grown from Facebook and have recently expanded into a new unit! I've posted this question to our members on Facebook to see what opinion are. I thought it would be great to hear your opinions also!! I may not have your reason in the poll if I don't then feel free to note it down in the comments.

If you have any questions at all feel free to throw them at me! I'll do my best to answer them.

Cheers,
G

i've never bought any juice in the 12 months i've been vaping ... a mate pushed me in the right direction to enable me to make my own :)

i do intend buying one or two of your "oneshots" as time goes on but at present i've enough supplies already to keep me going for a few months

Can't really help with your poll coz I make my own already but also treat myself to shop bought juice on a regular basis. Reason I do both is that I'm not skilled enough at mixing to come up with something with the depth and complexity of some of the premo juices on my own. However when I do find a great premixed juice I can usually recreate it well enough on my own to come up with a homemade version for adv'ing. I do like having some of the real good stuff though to treat myself now and then, just can't afford to be vaping those all day :)

Thinking back to before I started diy tho the things that put me off initially were:

1 - Fear of failure - I didn't want to spend loads of cash on diy stuff only to make a huge mess of it and just go back to buying premade juice.
2 - Not knowing where to start - the amount of concentrates out there is utterly bewildering and the sheer amount of different vendors selling them makes starting up quite intimidating.
3 - Looked complicated - before you actually bite the bullet and just do it, mixing your own seems very complicated and difficult.
4 - Inconvenience - not a huge concern for me but for some people the time taken to mix the stuff, figure out a recipe, time wasted to experimentation then steeping on top of that can all be discouraging. After all it's easier and less time consuming just to buy a ready meal for the microwave than it is to cook from scratch for most people.

I would like to give it a go , I have read ya can do it very simply but with no mates vaping etc it's the uncertainty of what to buy etc

i voted i dont want to as im a lazy fecker.
also quite happy buying shop made even though its a lot dearer.

why you may ask. well its still cheaper buying shop bought than it was my 20-30 a day habbit for the last 35 years so im still saving money.

I would like to give it a go , I have read ya can do it very simply but with no mates vaping etc it's the uncertainty of what to buy etc

That's what we're here for @snox - make a new thread in new user questions/discussion and ask away ;)

Been Vaping since the beginning of the year, and diy'ing for about 4 months,in that time I'd never tried premium juices, until last week. I had a spare couple of quid, was working near a vape shop thought I'd try a couple. ,1 30ml bottle was £17 and a 40 ml bottle was ,£20 , the juices were lovely but not 3 times the price lovely, gives me s good gauge to aim for

I have a whole shelf of DIY juices that are ageing/steeping, but I also have a (much smaller) shelf of premium juices that I dip into for a treat or while I'm waiting for my juices to age/steep.

I like doing both, as you get the achievement of mixing your own & the fun of trying the fancy flavors.

I agree with this. I would like to at least try. My very simple understanding is there is only 4 ingredients needed for a simple mix ie pg/vg nic and a concentrate?
Also with 2 small kids that grab everything in reach it would be tricky lol

I agree with this. I would like to at least try. My very simple understanding is there is only 4 ingredients needed for a simple mix ie pg/vg nic and a concentrate?
Also with 2 small kids that grab everything in reach it would be tricky lol

Yep omly 4 ingredients to worry about, only 3 if you decide to use 100% VG (or aqueous glycerine) as some people do, mainly for dripping I believe but I'm about to start mixing with AG only and my only PG will be from my nicotine and the flavour concentrates, will be interesting to see how that turns out ;) As for the kids - just treat your mixing stuff the way you'd treat anything potentially harmful to them, I bet you have stuff like washing machine/dishwasher tabs, bleach/cleaning fluids and sprays, medication in your home? Treat your vaping stuff the same way and you won't go far wrong - I just have 3 cats to worry about, they don't even have opposable thumbs lol and I still keep all my juices and DIY stuff well out of their way.

Back
Top Bottom