What's new

Shop bought juice or DIY?

What is stopping you switching from shop bought juice to DIY at home?

• I don't want to

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I don't know how to make my own juice

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don't want to wait for juices to steep

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I don't think it's any cheaper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other..... (Tell us in the comments)

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters
been doing my own juice for around 2 years now and not looked back, never tried any of your liquids as of yet but theirs always time

I want to learn. here is what I think i'll need to start with, 3 x syringes various mils, some VG and PG, a concentrate flavour and some nicotine. but I think I can buy a VG or PG base with nic already mixed ? and a bottle to place it all in. is this right? I'm a ex smoker so I'm not into clouds so I believe i'll need roughly a 70 VG 30 PG mix.im on 6mg at the mo but I really want to get down to 3mg.. is this right ?? if not please put me right. thanks

At the moment still very much a buy ready made chap. Close to taking the plunge on either a kit or hunt down all my needs based on best value.

I treat myself to a premium or two a week but I diy and have been for years [emoji3]

I like a mix of both but to be fair I make 80% of my own juices... the hardest part is actually finding a concentrate you like..

At least if you go to a vape shop you can try them out.. that's the only downside with DIY.

I want to learn. here is what I think i'll need to start with, 3 x syringes various mils, some VG and PG, a concentrate flavour and some nicotine. but I think I can buy a VG or PG base with nic already mixed ? and a bottle to place it all in. is this right? I'm a ex smoker so I'm not into clouds so I believe i'll need roughly a 70 VG 30 PG mix.im on 6mg at the mo but I really want to get down to 3mg.. is this right ?? if not please put me right. thanks

You're pretty much spot on - the only syringes I've used so far are 10ml/5ml/1ml, blunt tipped needle to attach to them is handy too. When I first started I bought a premix here http://www.juicecabin.com/e-cig-base-liquids/100-pre-mixed-base-liquid-250ml.html rather than buying the PG-VG-Nic separately as I wasn't sure that DIY mixing was gonna be my sort of thing. It's cheaper than buying them all separately if you just want to experiment and see how it goes but not cheaper in the long run if you really get into it. So I bought my 3 syringes, the PG/VG/Nic base premixed to my own specification, plus a couple of premixed concentrates rather than the single flavour concentrates, empty bottles, watched a how-to vid on uTube and and not looked back since :)

Heres how I did it:

Darkstar for PG, VG & Nicotine (cheap & good quality)
Leisure Liquids for Syringes & flavor concentrates. (loads of variety you can order at once)
Amazon for a job lot of 30ml bottles

I picked up about 15 simple concentrates & a couple of premixed flavors, then mixed a 5ml batch of every flavor. Left them to steep for 2 weeks (after using the tumble dryer trick to thoroughly mix them :D ).

Once you have tried all the simple juices on their own you can see if they need longer to steep, or more flavor, or if you don't like them at all.

If you like them as they are, then you can mix up a larger quantity of the flavor. (I like my watermelon simple & heavy on the flavor)

Now know what the flavors taste like & can start with simple mixes. e.g. cherry choc, or vanilla custard with strawberry. (start in small batches as above to see how you like the combinations)

Then the world is your oyster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two tips that I have found from my experience of doing this:

1. Have pre-mixed juice ready to use while you start playing with DIY (you don't wanna be caught without anything to vape while you wait for your flavors to steep.
2. Buy a cheap scale rather than syringes (I found the syringe really messy to use).

:goodluck:

oh brill. thanks for that. my confidence is growing all the time. i'll defo try out the premix. cheers

I'm lucky in the sense that my main vape is RY4 on its own or with a smidge of any other flavour really. at the moment I'm buying from fasttech I like the hangda (its hangsen) ry4 but I cant get it lower than 6mg so I buy some zero of any other flav to add to it. trouble is its a pain waiting for it to get here. this is why I thought about DIY and the savings that can be made. iv got 320mls on order but when I get down to 150 left i'll buy some premix and take it from there.
thanks all again

Bought my first kit from make my vape, still use them occasionally for concentrates but get pg vg and nic from darkstar, although I 'm going to try lubrisolve, ry4d is lovely mixed at 10% with 2 % vanilla

Back
Top Bottom