What's new

Shop bought juice or DIY?

What is stopping you switching from shop bought juice to DIY at home?

• I don't want to

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I don't know how to make my own juice

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don't want to wait for juices to steep

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I don't think it's any cheaper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other..... (Tell us in the comments)

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters
Right now i have no interest in DIY, simply because many others are doing it and selling their juices at good prices. It's easy enough to find conscientious vendors who are proud of their juice and state "mixed date" and "steep for...." , and their juice is just as good as a premium company's juice.
I get the choice/savings/pride thing of making your own though. this is one of the reasons why, when i did smoke, i smoked rollies.

Right now i have no interest in DIY, simply because many others are doing it and selling their juices at good prices. It's easy enough to find conscientious vendors who are proud of their juice and state "mixed date" and "steep for...." , and their juice is just as good as a premium company's juice.
I get the choice/savings/pride thing of making your own though. this is one of the reasons why, when i did smoke, i smoked rollies.

For me it's nothing to do with savings or pride. I suppose it comes under choice, but the reason I vape FlavourArt DIY juice is that almost all shop bought juice is far, far too sweet for me. FA flavours are incredibly authentic (by and large) and not sweet at all, so they suit me perfectly.

For me it's nothing to do with savings or pride. I suppose it comes under choice, but the reason I vape FlavourArt DIY juice is that almost all shop bought juice is far, far too sweet for me. FA flavours are incredibly authentic (by and large) and not sweet at all, so they suit me perfectly.

I've not got much experience with FA concentrates so just wondering how authentic you find their fruit flavours? I like fruity flavours BUT I hate artificial tasting fruit flavours - can rarely eat anything like that and vaping them flips my stomach. I often find that fruit concentrates and even premixed 'premium' juices with fruit have a candied sweetness to them which tastes 'musty' to me when I'm looking for the sharp, almost tart, natural fruit high note that for me gives fruit its naturally sweet ripe taste. Dunno if I'm explaining myself very well but hoping you'll get what I'm driving at and can tell me how the FA fruit concentrates compare to the 'real' thing :)

I've not got much experience with FA concentrates so just wondering how authentic you find their fruit flavours? I like fruity flavours BUT I hate artificial tasting fruit flavours - can rarely eat anything like that and vaping them flips my stomach. I often find that fruit concentrates and even premixed 'premium' juices with fruit have a candied sweetness to them which tastes 'musty' to me when I'm looking for the sharp, almost tart, natural fruit high note that for me gives fruit its naturally sweet ripe taste. Dunno if I'm explaining myself very well but hoping you'll get what I'm driving at and can tell me how the FA fruit concentrates compare to the 'real' thing :)

Oh I understand perfectly. I hate candy flavours and artificial flavours too. As far as food goes, I make almost everything from scratch, eat almost no junk food - so naturally I can't stand most of the sweet, artificial flavours that most juices are comprised of.

I was pumped when I heard about FlavourArt, and they don't disappoint. As far as fruit goes, I've only tried watermelon, strawberry and coconut, and they are authentic enough - especially the first two. Watermelon and strawberry taste impressively like the real fruit, without any added sweetener. Watermelon more so. Coconut is OK, but tastes more like coconut milk or cream.

I must admit though, I find fruit vapes kind of unsatisfying. Those flavours are good, objectively, but I don't find them as satisfying as darker, more robust flavours. A bit light for me I guess.

Their coffee and hazelnut flavours are stunningly authentic, and my top 2 FA flavours.

you will have to reset your mixing brain if your gonna start with fa flavours especially with certain flavours, if your used to 5-10% with tpa/cap start thinking 0.5-3%.
inawera fruits are good too and also much stronger.

I don't for the simple reason if we all did there would be no @manabush , no Digbys, no nothing ... I feel like I would be stabbing the very people in the back who finally helped me stop smoking .. for good.... and for that I owe them. Juice makers are having a hard enough time as it is at the moment, I feel the least I can do is give them my support. I wish I could afford to buy more to be honest and support a few other UK names too because I would be very sorry to see them go out of business.

This isn't me getting on my high horse and I have no problem with people making their own juice, just how I feel personally.

I don't for the simple reason if we all did there would be no @manabush , no Digbys, no nothing ... I feel like I would be stabbing the very people in the back who finally helped me stop smoking .. for good.... and for that I owe them. Juice makers are having a hard enough time as it is at the moment, I feel the least I can do is give them my support. I wish I could afford to buy more to be honest and support a few other UK names too because I would be very sorry to see them go out of business.

This isn't me getting on my high horse and I have no problem with people making their own juice, just how I feel personally.

I appreciate what you're saying and sometimes I do kinda feel shabby about DIYing when there are so many amazing juice makers out there trying to make a living. Saying that I have an oven, a kitchen, and my OH is a chef...we still splash out on takeaways and eating out when we can. It's a treat when we do and I have the same sort of attitude towards what I vape too. Also vaping is still new to me and a bit of a novelty, I'm eager to explore the different aspects of it as a hobby - who knows...in a years time I might well be saying that DIY juice and coil building are a waste of my time and I just buy all my consumable items coz I cba to mess with that sort of thing. I doubt it tho, the recipe for a heavenly Masala Chai Latte vape still eludes me ;) but in the meantime any 'proper' juice I buy is always a huge treat coz I'm never gonna be making stuff as good as the likes of Manabush, PF, Cotswolds etc at home :)

I appreciate what you're saying and sometimes I do kinda feel shabby about DIYing when there are so many amazing juice makers out there trying to make a living. Saying that I have an oven, a kitchen, and my OH is a chef...we still splash out on takeaways and eating out when we can. It's a treat when we do and I have the same sort of attitude towards what I vape too. Also vaping is still new to me and a bit of a novelty, I'm eager to explore the different aspects of it as a hobby - who knows...in a years time I might well be saying that DIY juice and coil building are a waste of my time and I just buy all my consumable items coz I cba to mess with that sort of thing. I doubt it tho, the recipe for a heavenly Masala Chai Latte vape still eludes me ;) but in the meantime any 'proper' juice I buy is always a huge treat coz I'm never gonna be making stuff as good as the likes of Manabush, PF, Cotswolds etc at home :)

You shouldn't feel shabby at all and you don't owe anyone a living, none of us do. Like I said it's a really personal thing and I just want to give something back to the people that gave me something and I've said this before but I don't think I would have managed to quit without finding those liquids early on.

I know it sounds dramatic but when someone saves your life .... you don't forget it.

That's completely fair enough, I understand. I even feel a similar way, I mean, I feel kind of guilty vaping more FA juices than Manabush at the moment. Just like you, Manabush helped me quit smoking easily.

From my perspective though, as much as I love PowWow (still the most delicious juice I've tasted) I couldn't vape it all day every day. Still a bit too sweet for me. So I vape mainly FA juices, and reserve Manabush for more of a kind of sweet treat. I shall continue to buy PowWow though of course, and ZT seems like a good dude.

Back
Top Bottom