What's new

Short fills and long fills to be included in the ban

vapesmarter

Mod Maker

sorry it’s not looking good

so say goodbye to shortfills and longfills

so are people starting to wake up to this

ukvia and the other trade bodies need consumers to ask what there doing

mps need thousands of story’s on how vaping changed people lives and flavours played a part in that

Facebook groups are pointless

reviewers/influencers forums need to get involved more, sitting on the fence is not helpful

he seems a bit hysterical

yes but that’s mild compared to how I’m feeling

lots of people are saying it’s the Tpd again and why bother

But that’s what I would expect there is no community any more it died a long time ago

There are so many businesses, vendors, e-liquid producers and the like that will forced out of business/ possibly even bankrupted by the proposed legislation it's mind boggling. Just ban the Ds' and move on, no need for anything else. The only legal juice that will be available to buy is 10ml bottles, of menthol, mint, baccy, and possibly fruit flavours, TW might be ok, they only sell 10ml bottles anyway. This whole thing might even drive some people to consider suicide, it's going to be that bad for them. People have bank loans and the like, invested in the long term, they cant just clear the shelves, shut up shop and go work the tills in a supermarket and pay those loans off. It's fucking lunacy :angrymob:

he seems a bit hysterical
Right about some stuff tho. Lack of awareness amongst vapers in the wild is a problem. Most my mates who vape have no idea what's going on until I tell them.

There are so many businesses, vendors, e-liquid producers and the like that will forced out of business/ possibly even bankrupted by the proposed legislation it's mind boggling. Just ban the Ds' and move on, no need for anything else. The only legal juice that will be available to buy is 10ml bottles, of menthol, mint, baccy, and possibly fruit flavours, TW might be ok, they only sell 10ml bottles anyway. This whole thing might even drive some people to consider suicide, it's going to be that bad for them. People have bank loans and the like, invested in the long term, they cant just clear the shelves, shut up shop and go work the tills in a supermarket and pay those loans off. It's fucking lunacy :angrymob:

there will be a grace period to sell it all off like there was with tpd.

the stuff about shortfills though, you need to remember that this was always going to be a precarious model to base a business on being a legally grey area loophole. would never have been a good idea to remortgage your house to invest in.

the.more concern imo is for smaller companies that jumped through all the tpd hoops and might still end up fucked depending on what they actually legislate.

but “the shortfill longfill loophole has closed” is hysterical scaremongering. nothing has closed. they’ve not even done the consultation or had a debate about it yet never mind drafted legislation. nobody can be sure at this point how it will turn out.

12 months to sell it all off aint gonna cut it or enable businesses/ shop owners to settle their loans/ related debts and bills. Many folks will have long term leases on premises that they cant get out of, how are they even going to pay redundancy to workers, when all they've been given is notice that after a relatively short period of time their trade and businesses have been made illegal.

Vic's ire seems largely related to his dislike of the vape trade bodies like the IBVTA and UKVIA, he has a point, they're wankers.

the.more concern imo is for smaller companies that jumped through all the tpd hoops and might still end up fucked depending on what they actually legislate.
Or any British companies that have invested heavily in one of the new style disposables, that will presumably be banned within the year...

I haven't watched that video btw - is it just me that can not sit through a whole video of that guy.. his preaching/ talking down to technique I find highly irritating...
but “the shortfill longfill loophole has closed” is hysterical scaremongering. nothing has closed. they’ve not even done the consultation or had a debate about it yet never mind drafted legislation. nobody can be sure at this point how it will turn out.
Very true; hence why I find that Vic guy even more annoying...

But tbf it does seem likely in my mind that shortfills etc will be banned, due to the proposals that zero nic be brought under the same regs as nicotine e-liquid.

the stuff about shortfills though, you need to remember that this was always going to be a precarious model to base a business on being a legally grey area loophole. would never have been a good idea to remortgage your house to invest in.

This is what I think. Yes we have seen some of what has been said in certain parliamentary committees so we have an idea what is in their minds but nothing has been drafted yet, let alone finalised. There are still a lot of unknowns so I don't we should start pushing the panick buttons until we have more information.

Or any British companies that have invested heavily in one of the new style disposables, that will presumably be banned within the year...
FWIW, a minute after I posted this, we received an email from some guy at Juice Sauz Distribution (not sure I've heard of them) who has said -
Flavour Ban Update
We are taking legal action against the government in an industry led class action, we are 1 of the leading vape companies backing this financially and publicly! Press release following the filling of our legal action.
Our line is that the government's plans are ill thought out, will cause a situation far worse than what they are currently trying to solve which is illicit products and underage vapers. The industry has offered alternative solutions that will improve regulations such as store licensing, shortfill tpd, single plastic recycling, AI led age verification, product design as part of TPD etc.

Back
Top Bottom