What's new

Showcasing "Wonko" regulated dna 75 colour in brushed alloy hybrid stabwood

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
board of the white stuff are we?

well sit back relax pull up a chair, put your feet up and listen to the tale of wonko

wonko stu ? whats wonko

well this name came about after reading a book, not just any old book, the book of the answers to the questions of life the universe and everything, the final answer to the big one you could say, the title of the book is "so long and thanks for all the fish"

in this book there is a guy, he's called "wonko the sane" here's an excerpt

``It seemed to me,'' said Wonko the sane, ``that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a packet of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.''

The sign above the door said:

Hold stick near centre of its length. Moisten pointed end in mouth. insert in tooth space, blunt end next to gum. Use gentle in-out motion.

and why did I call this mod wonko due to is colour, its the same colour as the angels with and golden beards, green wings that visit wonko

He was talking of the angels with the golden beards and green wings and Dr Scholl sandals.

``Oh yes,'' he said, ``they come and see me. They sit right here. They sit right where you're sitting.''

so let us begin

here is the block

it has 5 colours which are pearl white, mint green, leaf green metallic Mira, a touch of black, silver pearl

the wood is heartwood spalted silver birch

IMG_4645.jpg

here is the faceplate, and it was a proper pig to do, each hole is cut out by hand no CNC cobblers, no china no getting someone else to do it. each hole is oval for the buttons as you can see, end mils are round i could have used round buttons I may do next time.

IMG_4692.jpg

so add this bit and the other bits together to give wonko life

IMG_4713.jpg

Alfie has his face as a wallpaper, of course, the finish on the plate is a brushed gunmetal finish it looks uneven but it's not it catcthes the light as the colours do a crazy finish for a crazy colored mod

IMG_4715.jpg

IMG_4716.jpg

IMG_4717.jpg
IMG_4718.jpg

the mod will bagged in leather and boxed up

I have mods all waiting to go out and all will leave me a soon as the snow has buggered off

so wonko is done whats next stu

hopefully, a mod for @mattyk2010 I started this as I have had no post for 4 days so no stock no parts the mod is different and I mean really different its 50/50 at the moment

but its name

"The Tube"

as always

if you love my mods, cases, cabinets then like them, follow me and ........Buy one

Really liking this one Stu, love the random look of the wood side [emoji16]

Really liking this one Stu, love the random look of the wood side [emoji16]

I do like working with bright colours as they catch the eye all stabwood mods are going down the dark path same old thing these days

"be bold people be bright have an epiphany"

I do like working with bright colours as they catch the eye all stabwood mods are going down the dark path same old thing these days

"be bold people be bright have an epiphany"
I shall remember that for my next order!!

Excellent looking piece Stu, one side looks like limeade on top of ice ,i love limeade. the random wood side is also very nice, this is one of my favourites nice and bright colours.

This is just stunning, I don't even know if I would use it or just lovingly stare at it like a pubescent boy seeing Pamela Andersons chest for the first time. How expensive are these please?

This is just stunning, I don't even know if I would use it or just lovingly stare at it like a pubescent boy seeing Pamela Andersons chest for the first time. How expensive are these please?

now that is a question

and is a movable feast

it depends what you were after feel free to send me a message

I imagined this would be the case. I'll message you when I have a few more pennies but I'd pretty much like something similar to wonko.

As the proud owner of 2 vapesmarter mods i can honestly say the answer to how expensive are they is.....not anywhere near what they are worth!!!
(I was expecting to pay MORE, and quite a bit more)

As the proud owner of 2 vapesmarter mods i can honestly say the answer to how expensive are they is.....not anywhere near what they are worth!!!
Thanks. I don't doubt this for a moment, was just looking for a ballpark figure. I understand that vapesmarter probably doesn't want to get into financial details in public so will message when I feel I have the spare cash. I have an idea of how high I can go for a one-off custom piece.

Back
Top Bottom