What's new

*sigh* another pocket explosion

I have previously seen that video,it is good for people to see.

This is why I do not fully understand mods going the way they do in some videos, most vent videos I can find of good 18650's are similar to this, with no shower of sparks, just a lot of heat and gas being released.

I think the answer to your confusion lies in that many of the stories reported and videos shared tend to be popular due to their very shocking and extreme nature. So they're the ones most people get to see and what they believe to be the norm as a result. No one wants to watch 45 mins of a video showing a battery creeping very slowly towards the point of no return....its just the lightshow at the end that's interesting to watch :)

I have previously seen that video,it is good for people to see.

This is why I do not fully understand mods going the way they do in some videos, most vent videos I can find of good 18650's are similar to this, with no shower of sparks, just a lot of heat and gas being released.

exactly why I posted it, the only time you see sparks, is when he first touches that bit of metal across the two, all these videos seem to happen when they have their mod in their pocket and it's always a massive shower of sparks as if something in their pocket is tapping against the + and - creating them. ..... and I've never seen that replicated anywhere. I'm not even sure how you would replicate that on something that wasn't faulty.

I would just like to hear from people who have had accidents, maybe personally on forums so we can get a genuine idea of what went down. Obviously though this is dependant on the person being reliable, they may or may not want to admit they did something wrong.

Never gonna happen when every time a battery vents/explodes we start a thread calling the guy a cunt and a loser and blaming them for it.

Not really, some of us run that low or lower without issues.
The incident was most likely a loose battery in a pocket with keys/change or a damaged battery wrap.
Let's face it the people who have these kinds of incidents are far from honest about the circumstances because they think they'll get compensated by the mod manufacturer.
Yep agree totally.. I always run my mechs at the lower end of the spectrum but since God gave me more than one brain cell I dont keep them in my trouser pocket fully loaded.. All these type of accidents can be prevented with common sense and a good basic vape knowledge. I also wish they would stop calling everything an "E-Cigarette"...Todays mechs are as far away from E cigalike thingy`s as @3dj is away from a barbers shop...

Looks like it was a RX200 to me, 3 burnt out batteries, 1 loose battery and some spare change

e-cig-explosion-grand-central.jpg

Never gonna happen when every time a battery vents/explodes we start a thread calling the guy a cunt and a loser and blaming them for it.

True enough - not that I started this thread with the intention of slagging off the fella who ended up wearing the hotpants - but also there's a good chance that if someone spends any time reading a vaping forum then they're less likely to have a mishap with batteries anyway, seeing as (in theory) they should have had more exposure to discussion regarding battery safety.

Found a larger image of the aftermath and it looks like there were three brown cells in the RX and three unwrapped cells and lots of coins.
Stupid.

hotpants.jpg

Two batts inside mod(look closely at mod door not damaged at all on the inside, same with the two baths in. the mod, mod was not the issue or cause),3 batts free floating in his pocket with at least 5 loose coins, all 3 spare batts damaged, coins with scorch marks, loose coins contacted one or more of the spare batts and caused a hard short

Two batts inside mod(look closely at mod door not damaged at all on the inside, same with the two baths in. the mod, mod was not the issue or cause),3 batts free floating in his pocket with at least 5 loose coins, all 3 spare batts damaged, coins with scorch marks, loose coins contacted one or more of the spare batts and caused a hard short
In the words of the great Adam Savage; "well there's your problem" [emoji23]

You should consider working for CSI. Excellent deductive work.

Back
Top Bottom