What's new

smok h-priv kit tc mode help

hotc25

Initiate
hi everyone

i am trying to vape in tc mode have the h-priv with the mirco tank that came with the kit and the micro ni200 coils ,

but i can only get about 2-3 seconds of vape before the temperature warning kicks in and stops the vape i have tried a higher watt and higher temp but no luck .

what am i doing wrong please help new to tc vaping

cheers
paul

The probability is that the only thing you're doing "wrong" is using stock coils for TC vaping. The vast majority of them seem to be very poor in that regard, which I believe is down to too tightly wicked coils. Try gently fluffing up the cotton at the wicking holes with a pin. TC requires looser wicking than wattage vaping.
The best results from TC vaping come from building and wicking your own coils.

OK will try that out when my normal coil needs changing because I gave up with the tc coil don't have the rebuild coil will have to buy that first

Sounds as though your "only 2-3 seconds" is the ramp-up time and you may not have understood the role of the TC electronics. There will always be a short delay when firing as the coil builds up to the preset temperature. Thereafter the "temperature protection" mode kicks in and reduced power is supplied to keep the coil as close to that temperature as possible. Certainly a dry wick will prevent a satisfactory vape because there's not enough juice to stop the coil overheating. Alternatively, it might also be down to the one or more of the several variables - coil material setting, temperature setting, wattage or TCR value (if available). If the wick appears to be wetting out OK, try tinkering with the settings - that's where the real fun begins! :D

Did you read the manual as I previously suggested to ensure your H Priv is set to the single or dual Nickel coil setting for the given coil you're using ;)?

If the mod isn't put to the right settings first it'll always be an uphill battle!! The manual explains when and how to change the setting, and how to use the menu ;).

Get that sorted and you might get a semi decent experience off a stock coil if you don't yet have the materials or desire to start building yet ;). Building your own is definitely the best option though :D.

Manual doesn't say much . It's the worst manual ever I have gone into all the settings and there is no setting for dual coil

Manual doesn't say much . It's the worst manual ever I have gone into all the settings and there is no setting for dual coil

Try here, (scroll right to the bottom of the page and there's a link to download the manual ), read it all but more specifically page 8 ( http://m.smoktech.com/detail?url=http://www.smoktech.com/kit/h-priv-kit ). It tells you how to set temp mode, how to select the specific type of wire and how you can choose the modes for using the stock Smok Nickel coils for their single or dual Nickel coils OK :). Hope that helps. Google and search for "operating Smok H Priv" or similar and hopefully someone has posted reviews or guides you can read and follow :).

In your previous discussion ( https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...t-is-the-best-coil.124971/page-3#post-1374465 ) you were also talking about a value showing on your screen of 0.0006, which was probably a TCR value and you had incorrectly entered the TCR menu/mode or one of the memory modes. You needed to be in the TC Ni mode and then selected single or dual Nickel coil based on the stock coil you were using at the time ;). Then it should have vaped as normal :).

Did you throw that barely used Nickel coil away or keep it??? A quick soak in some vodka or very hot water and it'll be perfectly fine to reuse and try again in the correct mode ;). Hope you didn't bin it, as they can be cleaned and reused if they're barely used!!

You definitely need to understand how to operate your mod bud, read that manual and if you still then have questions, ask, someone will help you out :D. If you don't know how to operate that mod, then you will struggle to get things working properly unfortunately and you will have problems!!! Plenty of people here who can help you, so don't worry about which questions you need to ask, no matter how silly you might think it is, just ask OK :D. Hopefully, once you've sussed out how to operate the mod correctly and get used to navigating the menus things will seriously improve :D.

Last edited:
sorry but i dont have those settings after the software upgrade i have searched google and watched loads of vids on youtube and there is no setting for dual or single coil after the upgrade ? im stuck and not sure what to do i think i will email smok and see if there is any reply

thanks for all your help

sorry but i dont have those settings after the software upgrade i have searched google and watched loads of vids on youtube and there is no setting for dual or single coil after the upgrade ? im stuck and not sure what to do i think i will email smok and see if there is any reply

thanks for all your help

They've probably removed it as it is bloody confusing for new owners. I can't see any reason for the mod to need a specific mode for single or dual Nickel coils as technically the TCR value would still be the same, I'm just assuming they had two different TFR curves installed on the mod (power curves), one for single coils, one for duals for a smoother power delivery and vape or with different preheats respectively.

As said before, it sounds like you had entered the custom TCR/memory modes when you attempted to use your Ni coil. As long as you ensure it's in TC Ni mode, no reason why you can't try again and it should vape as intended :).

Glad you're sussing out the menus and using them now, that'll help next time you try TC :).

I will give the tc coil a try in the new year again to much going on now to be without a good vape [emoji28] but cheers for all your help and merry Christmas

Back
Top Bottom