What's new

Started using TC mode and not getting much flavour

I may get to that point but I'm determined to do my best to get it to a better point than I'm currently experiencing. The Dicodes mods are supposed to be made for TC usage.

It may end up being that TC is not for me either

Quick update.

I used a six wrap SS 316L clapton at 0.49 Ohms and the flavour is much improved. I made sure to centre the coil over the airflow holes, wicking looks good as I get a nice bubble after out of the juice flow holes after vaping and the flavour is much better. I am at 40W and 250C so a lot lower than I was using with the Dicodes Resistherm wire. Even though the Dicodes mods are supposed to work best with the Resistherm wire, I think I will stick to SS claptons from now on.

Thank you again to everyone who responded in this thread. Your help has been invaluable and very much appreciated.

Update 2.

I purchased some SS 316L Alien 3 core coils:
  • Core: 3 by 0.29mm ( 29 AWG )
  • Shell: 1 by 0.1mm alien wrap
  • 3mm coil inner diameter
I just did a build, 5 wraps, didn't space the coil and used a piece of organic Japanese cotton rather than the Cotton Bacom Prime. Coil came out at 0.29 Ohms. I'm not sure what cotton it is as the coil supplier put some in the box but it wicks like crazy. Even after priming the coil and cotton before putting the tank back on the deck, after filling with 2ml of e-liquid around half went as the cotton absorbed it. The flavour is fantastic now, even switching between Power mode and TC the flavour is the same. I will continue to use TC mode now as the battery lasts longer and the vape is constant rather than getting hotter with longer draws.

Update 2.

I purchased some SS 316L Alien 3 core coils:
  • Core: 3 by 0.29mm ( 29 AWG )
  • Shell: 1 by 0.1mm alien wrap
  • 3mm coil inner diameter
I just did a build, 5 wraps, didn't space the coil and used a piece of organic Japanese cotton rather than the Cotton Bacom Prime. Coil came out at 0.29 Ohms. I'm not sure what cotton it is as the coil supplier put some in the box but it wicks like crazy. Even after priming the coil and cotton before putting the tank back on the deck, after filling with 2ml of e-liquid around half went as the cotton absorbed it. The flavour is fantastic now, even switching between Power mode and TC the flavour is the same. I will continue to use TC mode now as the battery lasts longer and the vape is constant rather than getting hotter with longer draws.
Amen! Well done, indeed! :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom