What's new

Started using TC mode and not getting much flavour

SimonL

Initiate
Hi

I am new to this forum but have been vaping for a few years.

I recently treated myself to a Taifun GT IV Pure Glass tank and a Dicodes Dani SBS mod. I have been using the tank with fused clapton coils (26ga*2+36ga) and the flavour has been superb, of course using wattage mode on the Dani SBS (and also on a Geekvape Aegis Legend L200).

I recently decided to try TC mode and built a spaced 7 wrap coil using Resistherm 0.28mm wire with an ID of 3mm, which comes out at around 0.5 Ohm. Wicked it up and started vaping only to be disappointed with the muted flavour. I set the Dani SBS up with the built-in Resistherm TCR setting of 320. I have tried los of different wattages and temperatures, but to no avail. Even setting the wattage to 60W and the temperature to 275C the flavour is still muted.

I get a nice bubble when I have taken a puff so I think the wicking is good, and I have wicked many coils so I think I am OK on that. Just kept it so that it didn't move the spaced coil when I inserted the cotton and the tails are right over the juice ports on the tank.

I am sure there is something I am not doing correctly, but I just cannot think what it is, so I am hoping I may get some good feedback from this forum.

Thank you in advance for any assistance or advice you can give.

@John R who know's Dicodes inside out. But I'll ask, did you try anything else in the way of wire? SS? Ni etc ? @SimonL :)

Maybe the liquid is just cheap rubbish. There's still too many variables to say with certainly what the issue is. Got a picture of the deck?

Maybe the liquid is just cheap rubbish. There's still too many variables to say with certainly what the issue is. Got a picture of the deck?

I'm using Punx (mango, peach and pineapple), Ohm Boy (rhubarb, raspberry, and orange blossom) and Mr Wicks (rhubarb and custard) juices. They weren't cheap per se, and they produce fantastic flavour on power mode with a fused clapton in there, but very muted on TC mode. That said, happy to take on-board if these are not the best liquids to use in TC mode.

I'll take a picture of the deck this evening. Hopefully you'll spot my mistake or at least what may be the problem.

Thank you both for your replies, much appreciated

@John R who know's Dicodes inside out. But I'll ask, did you try anything else in the way of wire? SS? Ni etc ? @SimonL :)

Thank you for directing my question to an expert with Dicodes.

I have only tried the Dicodes NiFe30 wire as Dicodes say the mod is set up to get the best results with this wire.

Try plain wire instead, claptons can be problematic.

Hi John

The fused claptons work perfectly in power mode and can't be used in TC mode.

It's the NiFe30 Resistherm wire that I'm using in TC mode, which is what Dicodes recommend.

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my first post.

Thank you.

Also, did you initialise and calibrate the coil at room temperature?

I`ll start by saying that I know FA about TC vaping it`s just that you mentioned that you get a healthy crackle when you fire up so have you tried different air settings, could the air be cooling the coil?

Also, and I`m not being facetious, what is the attraction of TC if you were getting a superb vape in power mode? I`ve read a few posts recently where vapers have swapped from a perfectly good kit to TC or a boro and had problems setting up.

Back
Top Bottom