What is the best?

• RDA

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Sub Ohm Tank

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

xlyndog

Postman
Hey there, This is my first thread post so if if screw up you know why. Ive been vaping for about two years now and death stick free very happily! Ive only ever run all my mods wether it be RX200, XCUBE2, VTC MINI, SIG 75 on a tank and I've very much enjoyed every vape except when I burn a coil out so it tastes like vaping michellin mans ass. I have been getting very very interested in RDA's and getting that ultimate cloud chasing, flavour chasing vape. The problem I have is I do not know where to begin. I see that its dangerous, Can be time consuming, and just generally be a pain. Watching every Youtube video on the web about it is enough BUT none the less I just wanna know where to begin? I'm looking at getting a noisy Cricket (Gotta love Wismec) and a mad hatter v2 RDA if that helps. but just some pointers on how to wrap? what to use? and how to it properly will be very grateful!

Hey there, This is my first thread post so if if screw up you know why. Ive been vaping for about two years now and death stick free very happily! Ive only ever run all my mods wether it be RX200, XCUBE2, VTC MINI, SIG 75 on a tank and I've very much enjoyed every vape except when I burn a coil out so it tastes like vaping michellin mans ass. I have been getting very very interested in RDA's and getting that ultimate cloud chasing, flavour chasing vape. The problem I have is I do not know where to begin. I see that its dangerous, Can be time consuming, and just generally be a pain. Watching every Youtube video on the web about it is enough BUT none the less I just wanna know where to begin? I'm looking at getting a noisy Cricket (Gotta love Wismec) and a mad hatter v2 RDA if that helps. but just some pointers on how to wrap? what to use? and how to it properly will be very grateful!
First bit of advice would be forget the Cricket if you've never built before!
Learn all you can about ohms law, Google wrapping coils and wicking and use the search feature here.
Edit; reason for not using cricket is its a beast of an unregulated series mod that can be quite a challenge for a beginner to rebuildables.

First bit of advice would be forget the Cricket if you've never built before!
Learn all you can about ohms law, Google wrapping coils and wicking and use the search feature here.
Edit; reason for not using cricket is its a beast of an unregulated series mod that can be quite a challenge for a beginner to rebuildables.

Thats what made me want the cricket tbh haha. Yeah the Ohms law which is ohms vs amps and batteries etc right? Is the difference between Mech and Regulated taht the mech your guessing whats through it? is that why it can be dangerous? Sorry new to all of this

EXACTLY AS @moley says... Dont let the Noisy Cricket be your first unregulated mod. It series and hybrid as well... Patience with this type of gear.. Its a series mod and as you can see from a lot of posts on this forum, veteran users are asking what build to put in the fire breathing fecking thing..
I know a vendor on here who is actually being responsible and asking plenty of questions before he will even sell it to anybody...Think of it as driving, start in a "reasonably priced car" and then when your ready jump in a Zonda... Safty must be a priority Buddy.. SAFE VAPING

Why not start dripping on one of your existing regulated mods? Dual core micro coil 0.5 ohm build at 40 W. Simple. Safe as houses.

I've been a tanker for a while but recently taken the leap into dripping after I also watched every video on coil builds, RDA reviews, for over a month before buying one! I've gone for the Wismec Indestructible atty on my RX200, building at 0.3-0.5ohms at 80W and I'm happy with it! It's a bit tricky to build on but I'm getting there, getting decent results from my coils etc, I'd recommend them

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1453931337.691525.jpg

Agree with the above, moving to rebuilding and mechanical mods (let alone serial mechanical mods) at the same time is a massive leap.

Having the safety net of a regulated mod not only lets you learn to build more safely but gives you more scope to do things like temp control builds. It also gives you more consistancy in power delivery so you know any differences are due to your build. A good build in a good dripper can easily be as good as a mech.

Thanks for the replies dudes! I ended up ordering an RDA and sticking with my mods (Ordered a new mod just in case) also bought some pre-made coils at 0.5 just so i can get used to which post goes into where and what not. then its onto building myself as anyone vaper knows its better to be safe than sorry. :D

Definitely best to start your building on a regulated mod, since a regulated mod will tell you when there's an issue, while a mech mod will just fire it and possibly damage you or the coils.

Back
Top Bottom