What's new

SXK Pocket

Oh dear, looks like I have a duffer. First, one of the clamping screws wouldn't go far enough to clamp the wire leg. Used a spare grub screw, which was twice the length of the original and eventually got that to work (although the threading was really tight).
Got it all set up, took a vape and I had absolutely no airflow. Took it all apart this morning and noticed there should be a hole in the 510 pin about half way up to feed the air. There is a slight indent where one should be but its blocked.
Oh, the joy of clones. Will have to wait for my SXK version to arrive.
I'm not exactly gutted at a fiver LOL
Bugger it, I'm really sorry. Mine has two pinholes in the 510 pin as pictured. I'll buy yours off you if you want me to - I can always use the spares?

Bugger it, I'm really sorry. Mine has two pinholes in the 510 pin as pictured. I'll buy yours off you if you want me to - I can always use the spares?

Don't worry about it @Crewella . I know that there's always a gamble with clones.

Have been able to unscrew the faulty 510 pin from the deck and have ordered 2 spare pins from FT. (thanks @gaart )
It was very sweet of you to offer to buy the duffer, but I am happy to have found a solution.
Think I know the tank intimately now. All part of the learning.

Have been able to unscrew the faulty 510 pin from the deck and have ordered 2 spare pins from FT. (thanks @gaart )
It was very sweet of you to offer to buy the duffer, but I am happy to have found a solution.
Think I know the tank intimately now. All part of the learning.
Yay! I hope you gain from it. :10:

Have received the SXK Pocket today. Have taken it apart and everything looks fine on this one. Has 3 holes on 510 pin for airflow intake. Will put a build in tomorrow.

I seem to have lost interest in mine. The superior flavour was too much of a trade off for quiet operation and smooth draw.

S'pose it depends what's most important to you. Flavour, draw, throat hit etc. You can't have it all to my knowledge.

Ach the others in my rotation do have it all, just a slightly lesser degree on flavour than his one, which really surprised me. I will be interested to hear if the sxk is less noisy and turbulent. Sounds like it might have better drilled holes in the 510. Mine looks like a kid poked the holes in with a sewing needle.

Will report back on that one. Think you'll like the Dwarv. Its an absolute joy to build on, especially after the Pocket.

Christ-on-a-bike this is turning into the Deerhunter version of Vape Roulette ............ my original (which was the first I ordered, from FT) SXK Pocket went missing, and I'm STILL waiting for the second one. :banghead:

I have, however, today received my second ST one from Gearbest. I loved the vape on the first one ....... which had two tiny air holes in the 510 pin ........ as shown in the pics. The new one has FOUR!!

When I have retrieved all the bits from the other side of the room, and cleaned them, I'll do some pics. :D

Back
Top Bottom