What's new

The Greatest Atty Of All Time?!?

ZenAnarchi

Achiever
Imagine, if you will, that you’re new to vaping and have just dared to pick up your first pod kit. You realize that there is a whole wide world of vape gear out there, so you naturally join potv :ape::ape::ape: Rebuildable atomizers, stock coil atomizers, mtl and dl…it’s a bit overwhelming. But you want to try the best atty out there, new or old, hand made or mass-produced :hmm:

What is the Atomizer GOAT?!? What would you recommend to this eager novice? Why? I’m hoping that some of the more experienced vapers here can contribute with their accumulated wisdom and knowledge :22:

Here are some suggested criteria:
  • Flavor!
  • Innovation
  • Versatility
  • Popularity
  • Aesthetic
  • Ease of Use
Without insinuating that I am either wise or experienced, I will start by giving my vote to the KHW Dvarw in all its variations :2thumbsup: Imo it certainly fulfills all all the criteria, so easy to build an ape could do it, and even many years after its initial introduction, it is being manufactured by KHW and god knows how many Chinese clone manufacturers :21:
ACa0mfy.jpeg

So which atomizer do you think is the Greatest Of All Time?

giphy.gif

The Drop RDA.
Easy to build.
Cloudy.
Airy
Cheap
Well made.
May as well just close the thread now. What do I win?

The Wotofo Profile Unity RTA

-Amazing flavour
-Good airflow range
-Easy to build and wick
-Well made
-Looks cool

drop-the-mic-obama-mic-drop.gif

The only 2 of your criteria that would influence my choice would be flavour and ease of use, so on that criteria there would be a number of joint favourites, today that would be asgard mini rda and blotto max.
Before I discovered the joys of rda I used a number of dvarw and I was wicking them the complete wrong way for ages, I guess you`ll know what I mean, threading the wick through the juice port, which when looking at the atty seems the logical way to proceed, so I would discount the dvarw on the ease of use criteria.

Last edited:
So far, the list is rather short, and clearly there must be others :)

1. KHW Mods Dvarw
  2. Digiflavor Drop
    bxKqcwt.jpeg
  3. Wotofo Profile Unity
    RJs5g0U.jpeg

I would go for the GT4S.

My general preference is DL and RDAs rather than RTAs, two coils and up to 80 Watts. More power, more juice being vaporised - unless the atomiser is a wide open flavour free cloud chucker - more flavour.

Only the GT4S can run at half the power level, use only one coil, isn't an RDA and still produce better flavour than all of my other many, many dual coil atomisers. My head tells me it shouldn't, but my tastebuds tell me it does.

I also don't feel any need to chain vape it because I'm vaping at half the power levels so I'm obviously not quite as addicted to nicotine as I thought. It seems that better flavour seems to keep me happy despite consuming less nicotine when vaping it..

Innovation - pfft. Don't care, it may have had some on release several years ago but I can't be bothered to check.

Looks - to be honest, it's not a looker. I'd like it more if it was the same height but a couple of mm wider keeping the same dimensions of the internal chimney/build deck so it would hold a bit more juice, give identical flavour and loose the slightly old school tall and thin styling. But that's academic - I'd like it more if it was a bit wider and held more juice - but it is still my favourite vape.

And we have a rather exotic selection :2thumbsup:

1. KHW Mods Dvarw
  2. Digiflavor Drop
  3. Wotofo Profile Unity
  4. Taifun GT IV S (GT4S) by SmokerStore
    k62bJYA.jpeg

It's funny because a couple of months ago i would of said without a doubt the ZQ Trio. Now at this very moment i would say the Arbiter Solo,the more i use it the more i like it, Really great flavour, a simple way to switch between MTL and RDTL, Airflow is excellent in either mode and so easy to build. I have to thank @ZenAnarchi for sending me one all the way from Norway. It's so good i bought a 2nd and both are in my Rotation.

I haven't used any of the atties people have mentioned on this thread so far but out of all the atties I've used I'd have to give it to the Dead Rabbit v3 RDA simply based on how well it vapes and how quick and easy it is to build on.

I don't really believe in handing out any prizes to vape hardware for flavour. Your atties, coils, cotton, mods, batteries etc don't taste of anything. 100% of the flavour comes from the juice. In terms of flavour, everything else only does one thing. It SUBTRACTS. The more well made and designed your vape hardware is, the less it will take away from the flavour of your juice. The same atty can also produce very different results depending on what build you put in, how you position your coils, how you wick your cotton and what settings you use on your mod.

A well designed 22mm atty will often channel and focus the flavour better so less of it gets lost. Then of course it depends on the quantitiy of vapour people prefer on a single puff so a 30mm atty with a pair of 4mm coils vaping at 120W plus will produce vastly more vapour than a MTL setup.

Back
Top Bottom