What's new

V3 Bantam Box on its way

Yippee! My Bantam Box finally came :2thumbsup:

After a literal month of snaking it’s way around the world, it’s finally here, so here’s my Mini-Review :)

Sxk actually does a reasonably good job with their mod packaging, and this no exception. When you first open the box, the mod looks tiny :22:And it has a rather unpleasant looking clear dotaio drip tip in place :hmm:
HkIg0Aq.jpg

uIpiI0w.jpg

What’s the same from the V2?

Well, basically it’s the size :11: They’re the same height and width, both with and without the panels. The button placement is also the same. That’s about it :11:
U2w18sz.jpg

Uw8FTbC.jpg

What’s different from the V2?

Firstly and most importantly, the V3 takes a normal BB flush nut or hybrid drip tip (see pic above) much to my amazement.

On top of this there are several other changes: the way the new chip is placed means that the up/down buttons are placed towards the bottom of the button side of the mod…which is a bit weird :hmm:
007ONHI.jpg

The usb port has been moved and is now usb-c, not that any one cares ;) Both the boro and the battery have moved up in the mod maybe a centimeter, among other things to make room for the buttons. Both the battery and boro positive connections have been changed from flat to cone shaped with a small flat on the top, and seem to made of brass now. And the screen being moved to the side instead of the top of the mod…
pWRRbNy.jpg

The screen is still so small that if you have any eyesight challenges, you’re buggered.
7tvGb2Y.jpg

The difference that truly shocked me was the weight. The V2 is made from an aluminium alloy and weighs approximately 60 grams. The V3 on the other hand, is made from zinc alloy and weighs, are you ready for this?, 110 grams. Even with the cutouts on the mod, that’s almost twice as heavy! Shame that :17:

As I have barely started using it, I can only comment on a few things: I definitely need some dark panels for it, it will improve the aesthetic. It does seem a bit better engineered, and the new chip reads the ohms correctly and fires seamlessly. The new up/down buttons take some getting used to, though. I like the cutouts, especially the one on the side which allows you to check your juice level. But it’s a bloody brick! For such a tiny mod, it does have some heft, which kind of defeats the purpose of a tiny mod, imo :(

That’s all you get for now, if I discover anything else, I’ll post it ;)

IHSFwDV.jpg

Oops, I forgot to mention that the panels from the V2 do NOT fit on the V3… Even if they fit, which they don’t, the polarity of the magnets is wrong :56:

Thanks for the review
I was very much looking forward to it as I knew you could compare it to the V2 which you have.
Excellent news about the BB-friendly flush nut. Fortunately, I like the V2 integrated tip so it was no issue but was fearful you could be rather stuck with the V3 abomination.
Bad news on the weight :( I like a mod with a bit of heft to it, but for such a small device…..It does rather defeat the object of it.
I already have a couple of V2s, and hopefully a third one on the way.
I was never a fan of the clear panels (& even the smoked ones are going to still be clear-ish) and I’m not reading anything that is making me say Gimme, Gimme, Gimme
I think I may pass :(

I really like the look of the Bantam Box but the amount of use my other Boro devices get the 18350 Battery wouldn't last me 2 minutes. With an 18650 in the Billet Box i am changing the Battery at least twice a day sometimes 3 depending on my Rotation. It's a shame as i really do like the look of the V3.

I really like the look of the Bantam Box but the amount of use my other Boro devices get the 18350 Battery wouldn't last me 2 minutes. With an 18650 in the Billet Box i am changing the Battery at least twice a day sometimes 3 depending on my Rotation. It's a shame as i really do like the look of the V3.
Blimey! - Up to 3 times a day!
What wattage are you vaping at?

I’m clearly a vaping lightweight - I vape at 9 watts and an 18650 in my Billet Boxes will last a minimum of 2 days
Hehe, when I mentioned to @MHL that an 18350 lasted me pretty much all day, his reply was, “You don’t vape enough!” :18:

So, yes…yes, we are lightweights :17:

Yippee! My Bantam Box finally came :2thumbsup:………

Was just sorting some stuff out and came across a V2 Bantam Box box - on the back it lists the weight as 110g.
Our digital scales are out of charge so I can’t verify, but that seems to match the V3 weight.
Would appreciate a re-weigh of each if you get the time. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom