What's new

V3 Bantam Box on its way

Was just sorting some stuff out and came across a V2 Bantam Box box - on the back it lists the weight as 110g.
Our digital scales are out of charge so I can’t verify, but that seems to match the V3 weight.
Would appreciate a re-weigh of each if you get the time. Thanks
Don’t really think I need to, mate… Noticed immediately in my hand that it was considerably heavier. I then weighed both and the numbers I listed were from the weighing :11: Willing to do it again, but I’m at my girlfriend’s, so Monday at the earliest ;)

Now, I have no idea if they made V2s in both aluminium and zinc, though. :hmm:

Digital scales have charged…..
All in V2 (body, doors, supplied drip tip, battery and filled boro - 140g
Body, doors and drip tip only - 93g
Body only - 59g
Where they get the 110g on the box from is anyone’s guess.
Not aware of any V2 material differences - I assumed they (and the V1s) were all the same material.
Based on those figures, a V3 may be back on the cards.
Just because I could, I did similar weigh-ins with a BB (using a similar integrated DT):
220g, 153g & 103g

What are your disappointments? I know you judged it to be a heavy device but anything/what else? I’m still on the fence but really unclear whether it’s a worthy “upgrade” to the Revision/v2 or it just a cosmetic overhaul. (Sorry, slightly OT)
Hmmm… Even though it takes the BB flush nuts now, the battery is easier to remove, and the chip is a bit better, it’s fallen out of my rotation already :11:

Why? you ask:
It’s too bloody heavy, the air inlet is huge and feels weird in the hand, it’s a hair fatter and very plasticy (is that a word?:18:), the screen is hidden in the hand, and the buttons are awkward to use. Other than that, it’s brilliant :hmm:

I think it’s mostly the weight, it just feels strange having something so wee, being so heavy in the hand. If you’re still on the fence after the holidays, I may sell you mine :18:

Back
Top Bottom