What's new

Vamo V6 Issues

Naj

Hey guys!

There's a lot of sub-forums on here isn't there?! I don't know if I have put this in the right place, so mods/admins feel free to move it to wherever is better suited if it isn't.

I'm very new to vaping, I don't smoke cigarettes and never have done. I use my vape pen as I would smoke a shisha and do it for entertainment purposes. I have been using a cheap £10 one off of ebay for a little while till it started leaking and then I wanted a better one and ended up buying a Vamo V6. I had trouble making it work to start with but after a new battery and a new Kanger Tank it was working ok. I stopped using it for a few months, and when I came to use it again I realised it started to leak from the tank! So I stopped using it again, then recently I bought a bunch of different cheap atomizers and for some reason everytime I put any tank on it, its constantly smokes, almost as if I have the button pressed at all times?! Eventually this burns the coil out and I need a new atomizer.

Is this something you guys can help me with or give me insight into?

Thanks

Naj

Just to add, could someone also recommend me a new atomiser for my Vamo? Providing the Vamo isn't ready for the bin.

If the Vamo is ready for the bin could someone spec me a vape for circa £50? The main thing I'd want out of it, is it to feel solid, robust design and make big clouds! :)

Hi Naj, what tanks are you using currently that are auto firing? Also what battery do you have in the vamo?

Hi Naj, what tanks are you using currently that are auto firing? Also what battery do you have in the vamo?

I'll be honest, after my Kanger Tank broke (bracket inside snapped clean in half causing it not to close properly - thus, leaking) I only bought cheapy plastic ebay tanks.

I do manufacturer of the battery but as far as I can remember it says 18650. I'll get a picture of it later tonight as I'm at work at the moment.

How do I choose a tank for my Vamo? I've scanned ebay, and various vape shop websites and theres a lot of jargon I don't understand yet.

I was going to suggest the kanger aerotank mega or the aspire nautilus they both work well with the power levels available in your device. They both use the 510 connection (which is the type of threading) which is compatible with most mods including the vamo v6. Please let us know what battery as it's important to use one that is designed for vaping. Avoid eBay, a lot of junky or counterfeit stuff there with very little customer support. Try myepack or kingz of vapour and also check out the discount section of the forum for more trusted vendors. The fact that it is auto firing is a bit worrying so I would also contact the vendor if you can to see if there is a known issue with the ones they sell. If it continues to auto fire I would really think about getting a better device. Should you decide to go that route let us know and we can advise further.

Hi beastie.

Here is my Vamo
032116317ef7ec08e4ec3dba829f28ee.jpg

Here is the battery I'm using
089628f6c15deed13bf5373f23b94f0f.jpg

And I just found this Atomizer at my local petrol pump which I thought I'd buy and try out.
e1d9178f9e6a4523ceef5260d3237b41.jpg

Does the same thing, when it's screwed into the Vamo it automatically turns on and fires. Weird thing is, it's not Burning it right away and if I smoke it, it smokes really good... Just doesn't turn off. So I tried smoking it a few times and just unscrewing it and it works like a charm!
If only it stopped auto firing!

I'm tempted to buy the battery pack from the same petrol pump lol it's a matching Aspire one.

If it's auto firing there is a short circuit and I'm sorry but it's not safe. Constant firing can stress and overheat the battery. Hopefully the coil would pop before this happened but either way it's not safe as it'll be burning the juice and potentially making nasty stuff. If you can contact the vendor and explain that the vamo has a fault and they can replace it. If not then get shot of it and get a decent battery. The istick 30w or 40w are quite decent buys and would work well with the aspire atomiser you have. If you liked shisha though then maybe look at getting a decent starter kit like the subox kit or evic mini vtc kit. You'll need a better battery than the 18650 you have there, something like the Samsung 25r or 30q, or LG he4 or LG hg2. From eBay the only battery vendors I could recommend are torchy (big_f_d_d) and ecolux. Puremist are good too for batteries. Check out the discount code page but places like kingz of vapour and gearbest eu warehouse (based in London) all have decent offers.

I think you might be right. I'll get onto ebay and try and get a refund/another one. And the Kanger Subox Mini Kit looks to be a safer bet, with better and proven results. :)

Thanks for your help, I guess I'll be buying the subox mini kit!

Back
Top Bottom