What's new

Vandy Vape Gaur-21 21700 Mod

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

IMG_20210129_110008.jpg

The Vandy Vape Gaur-21 Mod.

https://www.sourcemore.com/vandy-vape-gaur-21-box-mod.html

Lilia also very kindly gave a code to take this to $34.79 and it is GA21 although I do see it’s cheaper than that at the moment if you have an account and log into Sourcemore as it’s on sale. An amazing deal for under £30.

Please excuse the photo quality in my reviews at the moment. My phone is screwed and I can't afford to fix it till next month. Bloody fancy Samsung phones.

The Gaur-21 is a dual 21700 mod that will go up to 200w. It’s a collaboration between Vandy Vape and Suck My Mod (or Matt from SSM as he’s now known) if that’s something you care about. It will take up to 28mm tanks but I reckon a 29mm would just fit as well, if you can even get 29mm tanks. Anything over this will overhang, my Aromanizer Plus 2 looked a bit daft on it. The body is made from fibreglass reinforced polycarbonate so while that might seem a bit plasticky on first look it’s very strong and very light, which is good as it’s a big unit. The PCBA board on it is also waterproofed to IP67 standard so although it’s not got an overall IP67 rating like some mods there is peace of mind for juice leaks and the like. Vandy Vape have also included bluetooth in this mod so you can control it or find it if lost nearby via their app

In the box you get:

1 Gaur-21 Mod
2 Instruction Manual (one is for the app)
1 Warranty Card
1 QC Type-C USB Cable
1 Proper User Guidance
2 18650 Battery Adaptor

IMG_20210129_105236.jpg

There are plenty of functions on the mod as well. Three clicks will let you into the mode menu where the + and – buttons let you switch between VW, bypass, voltage, TC SS, TC Ni and TC Ti. To get to the main menu you need to hold the wattage adjustment buttons at the same time and it will give you the options to scroll through. There’s the setting menu where you can turn functions on or off, this is amazing, you can switch off the other modes so three clicks will do nothing and you can only use the vw mode, or you can set it how you like. You can also manage the lock function in that you can have it not fire the coil if you lock the mod or you can have it only lock the adjustment buttons. It’s a very customisable UI and I really like that about it. Other functions in the menu are brightness adjustment, sleep time adjustment, clear puff count, see the firmware version, get a QR code for the app, adjust TC, adjust TCR and restore the factory settings. The TC options aren’t available unless you have a TC wire in and are in TC mode. There are also various combinations of the fire and adjustment buttons that will do things like lock the mod and flip the screen alignment. It’s all in the manual so I won’t go into every tiny detail.

The app is quite easy to use as well and you get a wee manual for that as well in the package. You just need to pair your device with your phone and you can adjust the wattage/temperature, change the pre-heat function and even get the mod to beep if you can’t find it nearby. The app’s a nice wee addition but I haven’t really used it to change anything as I do all that on the mod itself. Plus it’s that big a mod I’ve not managed to not see it when I’m looking for it.

Collage 2021-01-29 10_56_55.jpg

Style wise, as I said, it’s a big unit. It has to be to take the 2 21700 batteries. It is very light though, my crappy scales had it at 128g without a tank on or batteries in it and with the tank on and batteries in it’s still got that lovely heft that I like. It’s not super massive, the pics above show it compared to an Aegis Legend and it’s not that much bigger. The battery cover slides off and leaves a C frame type battery compartment, there are nipply like bumps on the side to keep the cover in place and it doesn’t rattle at all. There are also a couple of small magnets at the back of the cover to keep everything in place so it doesn’t slide off easily in the pocket or in the hand. The rubber grip at the back keeps it comfy and the edges around the front are rounded so that the front doesn’t dig into your hand when you’re holding it. There are panels on the mod that give it a bit of colour. I got the carbon fibre one and it’s not real carbon fibre, just a plastic panel with the design of carbon fibre. There are other designs though, some with resin panels and the others have different designs for the rubber grip at the back as well.

Another thing I like is that there is very minimal branding on this mod. You have a very subtle gaur-21 behind the 510 that you can barely see and there is a small Suck My Mod logo on the bottom of the mod, along with a manufactured by Vandy Vape. And that’s it, no garish (or even subtle) Vandy Vape logos or anything else anywhere on the mod.

In use it’s a good mod. Maybe even a great mod. The battery life is fantastic and even using a tank with coils that go over 100w it will last you the whole day. I had my Goon clone on it at about 110w for a day and it easily made to bedtime without having to even think about charging the batteries. Using my usual single coil RTAs had me going over 2 days without charging and that was with me using only the Gaur and blasting the thing while working. I’ve not tried an MTL tank on it yet but I do imagine it’ll last forever at about 10w. It looks good with a 28mm tank and is also fine with 24/25 mm tanks as well. Even a tallish 22mm looks decent (pic below)

I also like the UI and the functions on it. Being able to turn off the modes is a very big plus for me. I had a little shot of the TC and it sadly seemed to be a tiny bit off for some reason, just not as consistent as others I’ve tried but then I’m not big on TC and others may find it ok. Might just be my crap, sausage finger building.

In all the Gaur is a fantastic mod and I really really like it. It’s comfortable in the hand, light for a dual 21700 and has a nice UI with some nice functions. Add the battery life that you obviously get with a dual 21700 and the styling it’s definitely one I’m going to be using for a long time. The only thing that lets it down imo is the TC and that’s not something I personally use a lot so it’s no big thing to me.

Collage 2021-01-29 10_58_05.jpg

I always like your reviews mate. Thanks for sharing.
Hey, the colour you received looks very nice! I always saw it in fancy colours I would never pick, but I like that one.

C frame, 2 x 21700, Vandy Chip... relevant to my hi-pow DTL interests :D (this place is my downfall!)
That thing needs a chunky tank on top; slim MTLs look famished hehehe

Cheers

On first glance at pictures 4 and 6, I thought " Wow!, that is a big tank" Oh no its a plant pot. :) Nice extensive review. Thanks.

Thanks for all the comments folks. Can never tell if my reviews are any decent. I just enjoy doing them.

You'll have to let me know if the TC is any decent @BigCloud as you seem to know TC better than I do.

Thanks for all the comments folks. Can never tell if my reviews are any decent. I just enjoy doing them.

You'll have to let me know if the TC is any decent @BigCloud as you seem to know TC better than I do.
Yes mate, mee too. Pure entertainment, as part of the hobby in my own case.
I just share my thoughts and experience... theres no reason to lie.

And yes, your reviews are decent!

Belated thanks for the review :2thumbsup: Great mod, only issue I've had is the 510 pin doesn't seem to have any movement in it . I had the dreaded atty gap between tank (Unity and Doom X) and the mod, also the tank was offset, with a wider gap on one side. I took a chance and tightened down the tank (unity) more than I would've prefered and it seems to be sorted now. Battery life is amazing although I've noticed the bat indicators levels dont drop at all, until the batteries are at around 3.70v, I can live with that.

This mod has the potential to be the best vw mod I've owned, and I've owned many, power is all there, I've reduced from 43w to 39w on my Unity, 43w is my go to standard wattage, for a long time, so that's quite an interesting change.

Last edited:
Belated thanks for the review :2thumbsup: Great mod, only issue I've had is the 510 pin doesn't seem to have any movement in it . I had the dreaded atty gap between tank (Unity and Doom X) and the mod, also the tank was offset, with a wider gap on one side. I took a chance and tightened down the tank (unity) more than I would've prefered and it seems to be sorted now. Battery life is amazing although I've noticed the bat indicators levels dont drop at all, until the batteries are at around 3.70v, I can live with that.

This mod has the potential to be the best vw mod I've owned, and I've owned many, power is all there, I've reduced from 43w to 39w on my Unity, 43w is my go to standard wattage, for a long time, so that's quite an interesting change.

Thanks mate. I do still love this mod. Using it right now with my own unity. I'm on 41w with it just now. Wit working from home the battery life makes it for me.

I also love my gaur & it's been paired with my Kylin M Pro from day 1 what I like about this mod is yes it's big but feels light compared to the legend, its well built & survived a few drops so for me what they cost it was well worth it
IMG_20220922_222609.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom