What's new

Vaping on BBC3

Shit yall know how to make a guy feel owd.

A friend of mine did her wardrobe a few times and apparently she smoked just as much in real life, literally lighting the next cig from the nub end of the last one.

Screenshot 2024-03-21 112758.jpg

I once walked past June Brown who played Dot in my local Sainsburys. I quite liked her so it's sad that she passed away a couple of years back.

... at 95, so seems she didn't do too badly. I read that she attributed her longevity to fags, booze and chocolate.

Will/ would the BBC fund & produce it?
I doubt it...

I emailed them to see if they would consider getting Clive Bates on HardTalk.. still awaiting a reply...
If you were in charge at the BBC would you commission and fund it? vaping is only of of interest to vapers.

Who is Clive Bates? He must be a very brave man if he is willing to go onto national tv and argue a point for which there is no proof either way.

The only argument that I can present unequivocably is that the WHO are mistaken when they say that there is no proof that vaping can help smokers quit the habit, because I am living proof that it can.

If there was a petition for vapers who are willing to state that they have tried other means to quit smoking that have been without success until they took up vaping, I think that that would be just as acceptable as some of the current petitions which could be argued are born out of self interest and vested interest

If there was a petition for vapers who are willing to state that they have tried other means to quit smoking that have been without success until they took up vaping, I think that that would be just as acceptable as some of the current petitions which could be argued are born out of self interest and vested interest
I've been thinking about at least 1 or 2 petitions that can/need to be put to Parliament to do with vaping, and thinking about doing it, but I wouldn't want to detract from the existing flavour ban petition...

I've been thinking about at least 1 or 2 petitions that can/need to be put to Parliament to do with vaping, and thinking about doing it, but I wouldn't want to detract from the existing flavour ban petition...

i don’t think that one will have any practical benefit, and also this might be the crucial moment to try and get debates in parliament about vaping, especially if they are focused on aspects that will expose the inherent absurdity of imposing a sin tax on it.

If you were in charge at the BBC would you commission and fund it? vaping is only of of interest to vapers.

Who is Clive Bates? He must be a very brave man if he is willing to go onto national tv and argue a point for which there is no proof either way.

The only argument that I can present unequivocably is that the WHO are mistaken when they say that there is no proof that vaping can help smokers quit the habit, because I am living proof that it can.

totally agree, and exactly the same as me. 37 years of smoking. started at 11 then heavy at 15. tried all the gums, inhaler etc and only thing to work for a week was the 20mg patch, after a week docs said couldnt prescribe same again and had to lower to 15mg. within a day patch was off and was smoking again. then in 2012 saw advert for sky cig a like. tried and lasted 2 weeks until we had a major incident at hospital and one of the amulance drivers offered me a cig as he could see i was stressed. back on 30 a day since then. then sky brough out the ego in 2015 with 18mg liquid and stopped overnight. that was 9 years ago. so yes it does work but maybe not for all (Leon :D)

Of course I fucking would!
(but I'm not in charge or part of the BBC of course!)

Vaping is mainly of interest to vapers, but also their families, and anyone else interested in tobacco harm reduction (which probably aren't that many), but that doesn't mean it isn't a just cause...

Back
Top Bottom