What's new

Vaping, the controversy, news, media, scaremongering debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
A persons particular circumstances can weigh heavily upon the experience and as such I'm sorry you're experiencing issues. As somewhat of an outlier myself (I have MS) I can understand you need to delve into your particular issues.

As an example, vaping and before it, smoking, affected my vision as the nic would affect me, took a while to work this out by a route of elimination. How did I overcome this? Cutting back on nic to find a happy medium whereby I didn't go back to smoking.

Everyone's journey is different and I wish you well coming to terms with the situation.

A persons particular circumstances can weigh heavily upon the experience and as such I'm sorry you're experiencing issues. As somewhat of an outlier myself (I have MS) I can understand you need to delve into your particular issues.

As an example, vaping and before it, smoking, affected my vision as the nic would affect me, took a while to work this out by a route of elimination. How did I overcome this? Cutting back on nic to find a happy medium whereby I didn't go back to smoking.

Everyone's journey is different and I wish you well coming to terms with the situation.

Hey John, how did Nic affect your vision exactly if you don't mind me asking? apologies in advance if you do. I just edited my last post asking if 18mg nic is considered extreme, as I see many on much lower levels, so was curious if Nic overdose could cause these issues I experienced? Or if 18mg when chain vaping is even classed as overdosing? Again I'm no expert.

I was already a member. I'm not sure if you have ever smoked, but within a few days your looking for excuses to start again. Vaping is no different, problem is I hated smoking, but it took hold of me like it does many people, I actually loved vaping, again I am not anti-vape. Look, the whole point of my post is a contribution of my own investigation, I don't lie on the internet or stir trouble, I am as genuine as they come, and I'll be honest, I want to vape again! I love it, I miss it, and yes I am struggling, I am not convincing anyone to stop, if anything looking to see if anyone else has these issues and what may cause, thus far only Strawberry has offered any insight in the possible PG issues with skin irritations.

I'd like to ask Strawberry what ingredients would you isolate? The PG? as in try 100% VG? Main issue is getting past the misses who if I start again will kick off lmao.

I am happy to believe you.
I am being honest in my replys too.
I genuinely found your first post a bit puzzling but not unreasonable, hence the links I posted, thinking you might find some usefull information

I got blurred vision with nic higher than 8mg/ml so now I MTL with 4 and DTL with 2. Again as I say, everyone's different and you need to start the journey of elimination to understand what's going on. Maybe it's PG intolerance, maybe it's a flavouring or something else entirely. Experimentation is key to understanding.

Sounds to me like it may have been a nicotine overdose, overdosing on nicotine has a bunch of symptoms one of which is raising your blood pressure then lowering your blood pressure this in-turn can cause tingling/pins and needles. You say you have been using 72mg nicotine did you buy pre-tpd and freeze it or where are you sourcing it from? That could well be the culprit. Potentially you could have developed a intolerance to one of the ingredients this would most likely be the PG and suddenly developing intolerances is very common these days (has happened to myself) but I'm unaware of the potential effects of PG intolerance.

or where are you sourcing it from?

Be careful, it's illegal for end-users to buy 72mg and as such the forum mods get a bit upset with open discussion around sources. Just thought I'd mention it :)

Be careful, it's illegal for end-users to buy 72mg and as such the forum mods get a bit upset with open discussion around sources. Just thought I'd mention it :)

Thanks, I meant more is it a reputable source outside of the EU/are you down as a manufacturer/has it been frozen for a long period rather than the actual source. ☺️

Last edited:
Yup, I'd hoped that's where you were going. No worries :) It's an interesting topic and it would have been a shame if it got locked down.

@EvoKazz if you are worried about inhaling un-natural chemicals into your lungs, why not just ditch the flavouring, and puff plain liquid? You say you can’t taste the ry4d anymore anyway, so why bother adding it?

Other than the flavour chemicals the effects of inhaling the other ingredients in e liquid are quite well understood.

Last edited:
Quote: "Anyone who has ever smoked knows full well your (sic) never truly clear of the habit".

I know nothing of the sort. I smoked like a trooper from the age of 12 to the age of 36. I'll be 40 next month and there's nothing in this world that would make me smoke another cigarette. Cigarettes are disgusting and I would rather chew my own nut sack off than smoke another cigarette.

And, YES, actually, we know full well vaping isn't "safe". But we also know it's a damn sight safer than smoking tobacco loaded with tar, carbon monoxide, cyanide, formaldehyde, arsenic and the 7000 or so other chemicals released from burning tobacco - including the 70 or so that are carcinogenic. And you're worried about the chemicals in eliquid?

Smoking kills 50% of long term smokers. Vaping saves lives.

The amazing thing about smoking (probably nothing amazing about it. Most likely the result of billions of pounds of research and development) is that as a smoker you can no longer smell how utterly disgusting it is. I went in to a shop yesterday to pick up a water filter for my fridge. I left without it because the second I walked in the door it smelled as if I had just walked in to a giant ash tray. The guy behind the counter stunk so bad I had to hold my breath and leave. And the reality is once upon a time I wouldn't have smelled much better. And yet, like this poor guy, I would've been totally oblivious. Big T have invested trillions over decades to keep smokers addicted to their products. And the current onslaught against vaping in the media just goes to show they're not ready to give up peddling death just yet, even to those who are now wise to their game. Look at what's just happened in India. 70% of adult males in a country of well over a billion smoke. Until recently they had 42 million vapers. Not any more!

Big T, corrupt governments and the self-serving bull shitting mainstream media can all get down on their knees and suck my mod.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom