What's new

Vaporesso PM80 help please

CLennon

Hi,

So I just got a PM80 kit this morning and was please to see the ‘Smart’ setting which apparently auto sets the Wattage setting to the best based on the coil.

The first time I tried this it worked, it set the wattage to roughly halfway between the displayed recommended Wattage.

The recommended Wattage changes for some reason but selecting the ‘Smart’ setting again doesn't do anything .

i have two questions:

1 - why is the recommended wattage changing so much? It’s from as low as 15 - all the way up to 40 so far with a 0.3ohm coil (in the box)

2 - why isn’t the Smart setting changing the wattage as I would expect to somewhere in between the two recommended values anymore?

Any help is appreciated

Hi @CLennon and welcome to the planet.

i cant answer this one yet as my kit is in the post.
i would of guessed the smart setting should stick to one pre set for the coil and the other setting is upto you to turn up/down wattage.
0.3ohm - Recommended 32-45watts of power.
0.2ohm - Recommended 45-60watts of power.

while you wait for more replies might be worth checking some of the reviews out on you tube https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Vaporesso+PM80+

Once you change the wattage does it turn the smart off ?
If you take the pod out and put back in it may turn smart back on ?
Note !!! I dont have the pm80, I have smart on a voopoo.

Hi

I have not used it for long to be able to give personal use advice. For me when i put the pod and coil on it i just changed the wattage. I'm not using the smart mode yet.
Still need to play around with it but do a you tube search or find some reviews on it. There will be loads of info

Dee

Is the coil flooding ? It could be causing the ohms to jump. Furthermore double check no liquid is touching the magnetic electrical contacts On the pod and the mod device as this can cause issues. Although this early happens.

Thanks for the replies all.

A) I don’t believe the coil is flooding (at least with my limited experience it doesn't sound like it).

B) There is no juice in between the pod and magnets

C) Changing the wattage manually doesn't kick it out of Smart Mode (the ‘S’ is still displayed on the screen)

D) As of just this second, removing the pod and putting it back DOES reset the wattage to a mid range of the recommended (wasn't doing this consistently yday)

Still leaves me with the question as to why the recommended wattage has changed a couple of times though. I’ve only used the 0.3ohm coil since I got it.

1 other question as I’m not very knowledgeable even though I have vaped for years -

I used to use my last two Vapes at around 20 watts ... if the recommended wattage is between 32-45 with this coil is my device or coil in any danger using it at 20 watts?

thanks

Thanks for the replies all.

A) I don’t believe the coil is flooding (at least with my limited experience it doesn't sound like it).
B) There is no juice in between the pod and magnets
C) Changing the wattage manually doesn't kick it out of Smart Mode (the ‘S’ is still displayed on the screen)
D) As of just this second, removing the pod and putting it back DOES reset the wattage to a mid range of the recommended (wasn't doing this consistently yday)

Still leaves me with the question as to why the recommended wattage has changed a couple of times though. I’ve only used the 0.3ohm coil since I got it.
1 other question as I’m not very knowledgeable even though I have vaped for years -
I used to use my last two Vapes at around 20 watts ... if the recommended wattage is between 32-45 with this coil is my device or coil in any danger using it at 20 watts?
thanks

well that was quick. kit arrived today.
so mine was on 5 watts when i first turned it on. turned smart mode on and 0.3 inserted and it auto sets to 40watts. strange humming sound when i first tried it but ok again since turning on again.
too warm at 40w so i just turn down to 30w and ok.
trying it at 20w would be fine and no danger but just trying it myself its humming again and you wont get much cloud and flavour out of it but as i said no danger what so ever. only risk is if you go above the recommended wattage then you risk the coil burning out very quick.
hopefully they will release the new 0.6 (20-30w), 0.8 (12-20w), 1.2ohm (8-12w) coils which would suit you much better but no one knows when its hitting the shops.

edit: these poxy 2ml pods though are doing my tits in already. cant see how to get the rubber bung out so will have to wait for the twin 4ml pods from clodstix to arrive.

vaperesso PM80 GTX coils.JPG

Last edited:
well that was quick. kit arrived today.
so mine was on 5 watts when i first turned it on. turned smart mode on and 0.3 inserted and it auto sets to 40watts. strange humming sound when i first tried it but ok again since turning on again.
too warm at 40w so i just turn down to 30w and ok.
trying it at 20w would be fine and no danger but just trying it myself its humming again and you wont get much cloud and flavour out of it but as i said no danger what so ever. only risk is if you go above the recommended wattage then you risk the coil burning out very quick.
hopefully they will release the new 0.6 (20-30w), 0.8 (12-20w), 1.2ohm (8-12w) coils which would suit you much better but no one knows when its hitting the shops.

edit: these poxy 2ml pods though are doing my tits in already. cant see how to get the rubber bung out so will have to wait for the twin 4ml pods from clodstix to arrive.

View attachment 216146
My problem with the Pod is I find it very hard to see how much I have left.

When stood upright, the juice is actually going away from the coil too which is another odd design choice. I guess the makers are relying on you holding the kit horizontal when vaping so the juice flows towards the coil.

I didn’t know they made larger capacity pods. That would make it better. Do you have a link for them?

My problem with the Pod is I find it very hard to see how much I have left.

When stood upright, the juice is actually going away from the coil too which is another odd design choice. I guess the makers are relying on you holding the kit horizontal when vaping so the juice flows towards the coil.

I didn’t know they made larger capacity pods. That would make it better. Do you have a link for them?
here ya go https://www.cloudstix.com/electroni...te-accessories/vaporesso-target-pm80-4ml-pods

as a new member it might be worth bookmarking this for future reference POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

Back
Top Bottom