What's new

VV/VW Modules

wilko

Achiever
A few weeks ago I asked about finding a cheap DNA chip for making a box mod but haven't really found something cheap enough (1st time and experimenting so don't want to waste money).

What other chips could I look at to play with? I hear "drop down" a lot but can't work out exactly what to look for? Something that will go 20-30watts would be great. If there's any sites that sell more than just evolv or sx350 chips would be good.

Basically any advice on what modules I could use and where to get them from would be great.

TIA

Your choice is pretty limited with chips, IMHO the SX chips are hard to beat.

If cost is your issue then you really have 2 options

FastTech clone DNA, I don't like them personally but I have fitted a few and they do work. Also it's exactly the same wiring as the real DNA so would be good practice if you plan on doing a proper DNA at some point.

Raptor chips, they are not particularly straight forward and require a lot more wiring and components. An OKR 10 board would do what you are asking(60W max). However remember these chips will need batteries in series, so you will loose the ability to add onboard charging.

Hope that helps

Sent from somewhere inside a huge cloud!

Your choice is pretty limited with chips, IMHO the SX chips are hard to beat.

If cost is your issue then you really have 2 options

FastTech clone DNA, I don't like them personally but I have fitted a few and they do work. Also it's exactly the same wiring as the real DNA so would be good practice if you plan on doing a proper DNA at some point.

Raptor chips, they are not particularly straight forward and require a lot more wiring and components. An OKR 10 board would do what you are asking(60W max). However remember these chips will need batteries in series, so you will loose the ability to add onboard charging.

Hope that helps

Sent from somewhere inside a huge cloud!

Thanks mate. I'm just struggling to pay for a decent chip as I'm more than likely going to ruin the mod after over experimenting with different boxes and setups.

I'm tempted to try and make something as small as possible which will mean a lot of filing, cutting and shoving. Lol

Is there a how to guide for the raptors?,

Anybody know what Fasttech are like to deal with?
cheers

Fasttech are absolutely fine to deal with as long as you're patient. Only order items that are "In Stock" or "Ships next day" unless you are willing to wait. They have been getting in a few more vw/vw and even TC boards in recently, getting them while they are in stock is another matter tho.

I managed to order one of these last week after stalking the site for a while waiting for stock https://www.fasttech.com/product/2093103

Link to the TC board https://www.fasttech.com/products/3023/10010021/3717200

If you go to the right hand side and use the MODEL selection box to see all the models they have.

If you're in a real hurry stealthvape stock the vamo 3 boards but you'd be limited to 15watts.

you could try the mm456b 40w board from modmaker its only £20 and has loads of saftey features on it i have one and its been a really good board to use

http://www.modmaker.co.uk/Mod-Making-Supplies/VV-VW-Boards/MM456B-40W-Chipset

heres a wee mod i made using the board

WP_20141212_007_zpsws6ls2la.jpg

WP_20141214_001_zpsazwcc4cw.jpg

fd494306-462e-4bad-b304-bb3a459d0778_zpsuzwpfdq8.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom