What's new

What will you do if the EU Directive is Passed and E-Cigs/E-Liquid is Banned?

What will you do if the EU Directive is Passed and E-Cigs/E-Liquid is Banned?

• Quit Completely

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • Use E-Cigs/NRT Prescribed by your GP

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Continue to vape using 4mg or less nicotine

Votes: 175 35.8%
  • Obtain E-Liquid illegally or through questionable sources

Votes: 274 56.0%
  • Return To Smoking Traditional Cigarettes

Votes: 29 5.9%

• Total voters
This Directive is not about health in any way shape or form, its about Money..pure and simple, E cigarettes cause a dilemma for the like of government and indeed to the Pharma`a, Its takes the revenue away from them, the Government cannot "sin" tax it as normal ciggies as it`s not proven to contain health reducing effects, and the Pharma`s see it as a cash cow to replace their useless patches and gum, I will not go into the horrible side effects of their Champix and co . So it`s all OMG people have found a way to beat our system, lets legislate and spread disinformation (lies) by so called leading experts so we can effect a ban..

I have been in a previous life a part of the law enforcers in this Country, protecting it`s interests both at home and abroad, and yet as far as this is concerned the current enforcers can go forth and multiply.

In reality all this ban will do is turn ordinary usually law abiding citizens into criminals, and turn a good and for the most part solid & safe E-Liquid supply into back street black market trading with all the dangers that entails.. Psst Guv..wanna score some RY4 .

Of course it's all about money and nothing about health, but they won't admit that and carry on playong the 'health' card. So unless there is evidence that can be proved in court that it's money and corruption we have to stick to their rules until we're forced to become crimibals.

I tried to buy some at two local Boots, neither stocked pure VG. They had a couple of lotions that included it, hand lotions with a lot of other things.

Maybe I don't have a big enough Boots?
I also looked for it on the Boots web site. No pure VG, but prescription-only pure PG.

And I was planning to get all of my VG from Boots after buying my first bottle along with my base.

Thats because its called BP Glycerol / Glycerin online and in the shop not VG.

It's in with the cough medicine. in a plain clear glass bottle, blue lid, and white label with red on the edges.

View attachment 4525

Thanks you ZT for the image I borrowed as I ripped the label off mine :P

Last edited:
Thats because its called BP Glycerol / Glycerin online and in the shop not VG.

It's in with the cough medicine. in a plain clear glass bottle, blue lid, and white label with red on the edges.

View attachment 4525

Thanks you ZT for the image I borrowed as I ripped the label off mine :P

Found it and thanks. I googled glycerol as well, got cough medicines, hand lotions, hair restorer (uh?) and PG prescription only, but I've found it online now which means I can ask my little local Boots to order it for me.

Thanks everybody.

Also PG Pharma Grade can be bought on Ebay as well. You don't need a prescription for it as it's not a medicine.

This imo is not if it happens, but when will it happen. I like others will be filling my freezer with nic base.

VG is 100% pure from Boots AnnaLaw what would give you the impression it wasn't? It's just called Glycerol or Glycerin instead.
I'm looking at a 200ml bottle of it now that I have all ready cut down into my nic bases and am vaping.

Well, Boot's glycerine is not VG. The fact they don't call it vegetable glycerine suggests that it's of animal origin. Whether this makes a difference to a vaper or not, for practical or even moral reasons, it's another matter entirely I guess.
But VG and the glycerine Boot's retail as cough remedy are different as for production source.

Well, Boot's glycerine is not VG. The fact they don't call it vegetable glycerine suggests that it's of animal origin. Whether this makes a difference to a vaper or not, for practical or even moral reasons, it's another matter entirely I guess.
But VG and the glycerine Boot's retail as cough remedy are different as for production source.

There is no claim that it is VG or pharma grade. I've found it at my little local Boots, but it is now called Care+, different make. A list of warnings and possible side-effects are given, can cause nausea, sickness, dehydration, diarrhhoea, thirst, mental confusion, dizziness, irregular hearbeat, severe dehydration if already dehydrated. Not tonm be used if allergic, have diabetes, caution with heart or kidney disease, don't use if pregnant or breastfeeding... and if you take too much accidentally see a doctor immediatelly.

Some of those are PG effects, some VG, and some I don't know what, or overly cautious, but we only know that it's 100% glycerin. The pharmacist said that it's usefull for making cake icing softer as well, has a lot of uses. I was waving my vamo around at the time and they know me there as the vaping evangelist. :)

Cheapest PG I've found is from a chemical company, but you have to buy at least 5 litres pharma PG. They only sell nicotine as nicotinic acid so for a chemist it would be dirt cheap.. they sell solvents and reagents as well.

Last edited:
VG and AG are quite safe. They are pretty much the standard diluent for children specific medications. Indeed, some baby cough syrups are nothing more than plain VG with flavouring, despite the fancy commercial names.
Several collateral effects you mention indeed sounds like pg related. In any case, we are talking about oral assumption of up to 20ml per day, not sure how well one can relate that to vaping.
As for PG, I am definetely not a fan, but that's just because I don't tollerate it too well and don't enjoy th all that much.

Personally, I'd steer clear of reagents and nicotine derivation and extractio, but that's just me ;)

Back
Top Bottom