Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Self employed and gone bust

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • My company has gone bust

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sat at home on a company ‘furlough’

Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters
Supposed to be working at home, as you all know.

I have chronic pain, nerve damage and sleeping issues following a car accident in the early 2000s, my body gave me even more subtle hints over the last 6 weeks that I was doing too much, I ignored them.

To make me listen it took me to a dark hell, forced me to stop, now I'm taking it 5 minutes at a time.

Life isn't life if you're not in it.

So sorry to hear this, really hope things look up for you soon and you feel better :yourock:

Business gone bust, 1 weeks worth of money left, can't get through to claim benefits, higher risk so self confinement, live alone, shopping running out, apart from that all is good :18:

Even with that I still count myself very lucky so far, people have it a lot worse for certain.

Every cloud and all that; I am catching up on my chores.
(Also my years of panic buying vape stuff is finally paying off)

Business gone bust, 1 weeks worth of money left, can't get through to claim benefits, higher risk so self confinement, live alone, shopping running out, apart from that all is good :18:

Even with that I still count myself very lucky so far, people have it a lot worse for certain.

Sorry to hear the bad news Simon hope things turnaround soon for you. :2thumbsup:

Sorry to hear this.
Not sure how long you've been going but hope you still fall into the government's plan to help the self employed.

I’m sat at home on a company ‘furlough’ - all the shops in my company are closed. Whether they reopen somewhere down the line remains to be seen :25:

Sorry to hear this.
Not sure how long you've been going but hope you still fall into the government's plan to help the self employed.
Business was pretty much doomed anyway, CV just tipped the scales so I had to wrap it up, Self Employed help is further away than other benefits it seems.

Hopefully return back to my old business of photography once everything settles down.

Perhaps one of my old photos might brighten up this thread :)
Don't bother with the "Nice pair of pups" pun as I have already flogged that one to death :18:

IMG_9268.jpg

Our warehouse is now working 24/7 shipping food to the vulnerable elderly.

They asked about IT support provision out of hours.

Looks like I am working 24/7 for the foreseeable future.

I’m sat at home on a company ‘furlough’ - all the shops in my company are closed. Whether they reopen somewhere down the line remains to be seen :25:
I'm getting the impression the gov will 100% support companies that do the right thing and yours must have British heritage status by now.
Home I'm right and it's all okay for you.

I'm getting the impression the gov will 100% support companies that do the right thing and yours must have British heritage status by now.
Home I'm right and it's all okay for you.

The company was in pretty good shape until all this kicked off, compared to many high street retailers. We had a decent number of older people coming in buying stacks of books last week - not enough to have any social distancing issues, just people preparing to occupy their time while on lockdown. All very civilised and jovial. Head Office waited too long IMO, I imagine they were in talks with Gov, because we’re being paid in full for a couple of months. I’m in a much better position than a lot of other people right now, I’m grateful for that but frightened for what lies ahead for all of us :5:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom